PW in Top Truck Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW in Top Truck Challenge

There was a Power Wagon in Four Wheeler's Top Truck contest in June 2010 in Hollister, CA. This is a heavily modified '64 Flat Fender with 2 1/2 ton Rockwell axles, 4 wheel steering, and an hydraulically extendable frame that can vary wheelbase up to 36" on the fly. It's propane-powered, with a Mopar V8 making ~400 hp. It came in 2nd overall. Should be interesting to see how it did in the Tank Trap- that seemed to be the obstacle EVERYONE was thinking about. The owner was most concerned about the Mud Pit, since he'd never driven in deep mud, and wasn't set up for it. Should be fun to see how he did- when they get around to posting pics at http://www.fourwheeler.com/2010/top_...nge/index.html . Just found out about it when I got my latest Four Wheeler mag. A pic of of the PW with wheelbase extended can be found on the "competitors" site- click on the pic and look for #39, Roger King, Sparta, TN. Couldn't make the link work directly.

That's ELMO Driven by Roger King. A great guy who is fearless with his trucks (not sure why the mud would scare him). His previous ride was a Town Wagon, known as Extreme Townie.

"ELMO" (Roger at right rear tire), My M37 - "Frankenstein" & Mike's 4BT Powered M37
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Working...
    X