1966 Flat Fender Power Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Flat Fender Power Wagon

Hey guys/gals, I am a newby at this, I just purchased a 1966 FFPW, I am interested in doing a total restore on this nothing fancy just want a truck that people will look. what do you suggest?
    Bed is ok will need to be replaced.
    Engine runs good, all electrical is there, some of it home wired by previous owner.
    Running gear is in good shape, no seal leaks.
    Comes with factory winch.
    All gauges work I think.

Truck came from a barn sale Idaho previous owner started restoring but lack of funds forced sale to me.

I owned a 1964 FFPW that my grandfather got when I graduated high school, dad sold it when I was in the Army.

Please help. Will send pictures when I can figure out how.

Check out our site listed below. Glad to help you out regardless of whether you use our services or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob2 View Post
      Hey guys/gals, I am a newby at this, I just purchased a 1966 FFPW, I am interested in doing a total restore on this nothing fancy just want a truck that people will look. what do you suggest?
      Bed is ok will need to be replaced.
      Engine runs good, all electrical is there, some of it home wired by previous owner.
      Running gear is in good shape, no seal leaks.
      Comes with factory winch.
      All gauges work I think.

Truck came from a barn sale Idaho previous owner started restoring but lack of funds forced sale to me.

I owned a 1964 FFPW that my grandfather got when I graduated high school, dad sold it when I was in the Army.

Please help. Will send pictures when I can figure out how.
      Welcome to the hobby. It might be helpful if you ask more specific questions.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

1966 WDX-WM300 Photos

Well I finally posted pictures. let me know what you guys would do to "old Red" I want to keep her as original as possiable, not a daily driver but a weekender.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking truck. You can start the restoration by sending me the hubs and the mirrors, and getting some shiny new ones. :)
          Do you live in Idaho?

Comment

Considering the fact that the truck has a great deal of character and appeal in its current condition it would be hard to say that anything major should be done to it. It screams Power Wagon and appears to be a western truck with no structural problems concerning sheetmetal.

Make sure she is mechanically sound and that the frame is solid, then go and have fun. Trucks like this, in their unrestored condition, are enviable.

Welcome to the forums Bob.

Comment

welcome Bob2

heres what I would with Old Red. Get a nice cigar, drive into town, get a haircut. Admire the truck from the barbers chair, watch the pedestrians stop and stare.

Comment

you already have what you wanted, drive it.

Comment

Put some gas in the tank and your good to go. Fleabag!!

Comment

The warn hubs are a great addition! Very rare

Comment

some folks have all the luck

beautiful truck

if it is not broken donīt fix it

Comment

Sweet Rig, Run her as is!
                        All shiny paint will do is keep you stuck on pavement, spending your days off polishing it instead of having fun with it.

Comment

Bob,
                          You mention that none of the seals leak. In my experience, that usually means it is out of oil! Better climb under there with a bunch of gear lube and start filling her up!
                          Great looking truck, I agree with everyone else, leave it as it is and just focus on the mechanicals.
                          Tim
                          57 Power Wagon
                          Numerous Power Wagon parts trucks!
                          57 W-100
                          60 W-100
                          51 M37
                          61 Triumph TR-3A
                          80 Triumph Spitfire
                          09 Dodge Ram 2500HD
                          05 Subaru Outback
                          10 speed bike
                          Hiking Boots

Sumus quod sumus

Comment

I have to agree with the general consensus so far, check the gas fill the oil and head for the barber shop.

Comment

I'd say focus on cosmetic issues as you wish; however not checking mechanicals carefully and then listening/looking for possible issues while driving could bring unexpected heartache rather quickly. The fact is most trucks have some issues in play, don't just assume everything is ok. Unless someone has gone through the components carefully, the likehood of no leaks is slim to none. Beware!!

Comment

Working...
                              X