Out of square door opening, driver side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of square door opening, driver side

Most of you have seen that I just finished repairing the driver side door on my FFPW.

All this time, I've had a feeling the the driver side upper front cab corner had seen some kind of trauma although nothing is visible and no sign of bondo or previous repairs.

My door is now back together and welded. I re-attached the door and I'm running into the same problem before I seperated the skins.

When closing the door, the front upper corner of the door slightly strikes the bottom of the rain gutter, maiking the cab buldge out towards the front. It's very slight and have to repeat several times to see it happen.

I just took some corner to corner measurements and this what I came up with;

Driver: 47-3/8"
    51-1/4"

Passenger: 47-7/8"
    51-1/8"

There's no doubt that the door hinges could use some fine tuning but in my case, there's bo doubt that I have a door opeining that is out of wack.

I saw another post where a guy used a hyd ram-rod to push out the very same corner that I'm havign trouble with. I guess this is how I'll approach my cab too.

J

Be careful. A little bit at a time.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

After much thought and some ramblings with another forum member, I've put the ram-rod back in it's box, . . .for now.

My body mounts appear to solid but the rubber insulators are worn/crushed etc.

I'll order replacements and re-fasten the cab and go from there.

I'd hate to push and prod the cab around only to find out that it was simply out of whack because of damaged body mounts etc.

I have a difficult time with moist things because I'm always struggling for perfection. But when these truck were assembed, it wasn't perfect and to what point do I want to go inorder to make it perfect? I guess that's a question for myself. . . . . .

Heck, maybe next week, I'll disasemble the entire cab and start from scratch!

J

Comment

Originally posted by BigSmoke View Post
        After much thought and some ramblings with another forum member, I've put the ram-rod back in it's box, . . .for now.

My body mounts appear to solid but the rubber insulators are worn/crushed etc.

I'll order replacements and re-fasten the cab and go from there.

I'd hate to push and prod the cab around only to find out that it was simply out of whack because of damaged body mounts etc.

I have a difficult time with moist things because I'm always struggling for perfection. But when these truck were assembed, it wasn't perfect and to what point do I want to go inorder to make it perfect? I guess that's a question for myself. . . . . .

Heck, maybe next week, I'll disasemble the entire cab and start from scratch!

J
        Good, conservative thinking.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
        X