1961 ffpw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 ffpw

As I return my FFPW back to it's original configuration (230 water pump to 251 water pump) its now obvious that my radiator tanks, top and bottom, have been replaced by not original components. Can someone please tell me if the top tank profile should be the the same as the earlier tanks, except with a center mount tube for the radiator hose? Also, it looks like the bottom tank hose should enter the radiator on the driver's side. Can somebody please confirm? Does anybody have any measurements/picture? I will need to have a new radiator reproduced ($$$$$$$$$$$$) and want to have an exact duplicate made, not an almost fits job. My side rails and core are original. I can't find a 1961 or later in my neck of the woods (Houston) to view and compare. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.....Keith.

Keith, I have a really bad (out of focus) picture of my '61 radiator. However it might be good enough for you to compare the upper contour with the 230.

The lower hose enters a couple inches off center on the drivers side and the upper hose is centered.
    Attached Files

Comment

In looking at the photo, I don't think it will be much help to you. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Comment

1961 ffpw

Kevin:

Thanks for the picture! It answered my question about the top tank perfectly. I now know where to go from where I'm at. Can you tell me if the hose fitting on the bottom tank is angled towards the center of the tank or perpendicular? Thanks again.....Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartman View Post
          I will need to have a new radiator reproduced ($$$$$$$$$$$$) .
          Keep us updated on exactly how much $$$$$$ that costs you. I'm interested in doing that myself.

Comment

1961 ffpw

Wiil do. I still have to figure-out the bottom tank.....Keith.

Comment

Keith,

The bottom hose fitting is at a 72 degree angle. I took a photo from the bottom side looking up.
              Last edited by Kevin Mienke; 07-11-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

1961 ffpw

Thanks Kevin! Answers my question!

Comment

Working...
                X