How to Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Video

I'm in the beginning stages of putting together a "How To" video for upload to youtube or vimeo on basic service items, starting with the brakes. I was thinking about doing a entire brake job and go through the whole thing, even taking the drums to the brake shop and showing how drums are turned and shoes arced. highlight problems the novice will encounter like getting those 3 screws out and how to get the drum off without damage.
    Other stuff like repacking wheel bearings, and setting the preload, Carb adjustment, water pump and thermostat replacement. What other topics could get covered? What do you think the guy who has brought his farm "fresh" Power Wagon home would like to see?

The more info the better, go for it Jonas. Fleabag!!

Comment

Removal of the snap ring in the back of the hub. Wheel bearing adjustment and even cleaning and packing.

Be careful in your selection of the person and setup turning your drums.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Good idea, Jonas.

Like Duane said, the more info, the better.
        Carb adjusting and ignition timing have always been my sore spots.

Comment

dvds

I would buy a set for reference .

Comment

careful consideration

please protect yourself with a rocksolid disclaimer. lots of injury prone dummies out there unwilling to accept responsibility for their own actions. Exhibit A: we have WARNING labels telling people not to drink lemon scented bleach.
            Sorry to be a killjoy.

Comment

Pictures worth a thousand words...

And videos are worth a million.....For me, watching a video of a procedure as opposed to reading how to do it, theres no comparison there. Its a great idea Jonas.

Comment

This is a very valid consideration

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                please protect yourself with a rocksolid disclaimer. lots of injury prone dummies out there unwilling to accept responsibility for their own actions. Exhibit A: we have WARNING labels telling people not to drink lemon scented bleach.
                Sorry to be a killjoy.
                We didn't find the personal injury issue to be a deal although it certainly could be, but rather those who created problems for themselves because they thought they knew better than the provided instruction. Most people will be responsible and use the instruction to get the job done right, BUT there are those who will jump back at you in a heartbeat.

We learned that years ago when trying to sell DIY engine kits for installing diesel conversions. Although we included very detailed instructions concerning how the kit components were designed to be installed, there seemed to be those who thought they had a better idea. As they proceeded to go their own way instead of sticking to instruction and had problems as a result; then it was suddenly our fault because things didn't work out the way they should. After a few such cases; we decided it was not worth the hasstle. That is when we made a decision and started offering conversions done by us in house only; problems and issues went away immediately.

You have a great idea that will be a + for the many; but just be prepared for the one or 2 that will pay no attention to the fact that you may have done it 10,000 times, have much experience and have already eliminated the bad ideas; yet still feel they know the better way even if it may have failure written all over it in the eyes of an experienced person.

I'd say just keep the fact that these folks are out there in the back of your mind as you put it all together. An occassional disclaimer included in the text isn't a bad idea either as was previously mentioned.

I wish you the best with the endeavor.

Comment

Working...
                X