1st "Real" Power Wagon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st "Real" Power Wagon!

Im not new to PW's. My dad has 2, a '41 Ambulance, and a '51 B-3-PW.
    But this weekend, I made a trek to Northern Idaho and picked up MY first PW. A 1948 B-1-PW-126. Its rough, Im not going to sugar coat it, No box, winch is AWOL (surprise, surprise), and the flat bed is terrible, but its mine and its real. It needs some work, but it is mostly all there. I used to have a 1971 W200, but I always wanted a REAL PW. My '96 Cummins 2500 license plate has read 96 WDX for 11 years. And I even made it to THE rally in 09. I love PWs!!! And now I have one.
    Just thought I'd share my good fortune.
    (I tried to insert a pic. but it isnt real clear to me how to do so. You guys will have to use your imagination. Sorry.)
    Munsk.

Hi Josh, welcome to the obsession! It can be very rewarding, sometimes frustrating, but always interesting.

Comment

Thanks Matt. I appreciate the encouragement. I only wish I were already retired, so that I could have ample time to work on it.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Power Wagon

Josh, Matt here in Bozeman. There are a few of us in Montana - always willing to help if we can. Congrats on your purchase - let me know if I can assist (although I have limited knowledge and have yet to start rebuilding mine) Matt

Comment

Thanks Matt, I tried to reply to you directly, but apparently I am yet to be given the privlege of the PM. I haven't done much to mine yet either, I can barely get in it at this point. Thanks again, I hope to cross paths with you some time.
          Munsk.

Comment

Best truck I have owned

I bought My 1956 PW (swivel frame) when I was 17 it has been very dependable
            and hard working of-course i have broke a few things here and there IE the need for a parts truck. in all of the years (24 years) I have driven My 56 I have only seen 3 anything like it on the road 1PW 1 ambulance 1 m37

Comment

Working...
            X