Door body lines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door body lines...

Ok fellas, I'm getting frazzled pretty quickly..How do I lower the front of the door to get the body lines to match? The door isnt tweaked or wrecked, the cab isnt tweaked.......Yet the front door lines are 1/4 inch higher than the cab lines. The rear could go up a little but it matches pretty decent already...The hinges arent that loose either.. Thanks Steve

WOW....Out of all the guys who have restored trucks on here, I'm the only one whos' door lines dont line up?

Comment

First off the body lines didn't line up that well from the factory.
      Some were closer than others however.

If the door is centered in the opening,call it good.

To adjust the door you bend the hinges.
      Not for the faint of hart!

Now to move the door in or out loosen the hinge bolts at the "A" pillar and move the hinges in,or out.

To move the lock side of the door down a block of wood between the open halves of the upper hinge,and push the door closed to spring the hinge.

To move the door lock end up repeat the process on the lower hinge.
      This will also move the closer to the latch post.

To move the door closer to a "A" pillar, put a "C" clamp on the closed door hinge,and pull open to spring the hinge.

Always recheck before making additional bends (adjustments).

TGP
      WDX & Misc. Pics.
      http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
      "47" Dodge WDX WW
      "52" Dodge M-37 WW
      "54" Willys M38A1
      "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
      "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
      "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
      "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
      "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
      "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Thanks.....I didnt know if I was being too picky or unrealistic...The passenger side is good, but the drivers is off.....

Comment

Also make sure your cab support blocks are not rotten or smashed. I know you said the cab is not warped, but if the front drivers side block is low, this could cause mis-alignment problems with the hood and possibly the door. Just a suggestion, Matt

Comment

Tom's comment is right. If you are at a rally, look at all of them. See if you can find one that looks really right. I will be surprised if you find one where all the lines agree as you would hope.
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

All the cabs that I have seen the passenger side is always nice and the drivers side always is low. Fleabag!!

Comment

Working...
              X