Fuel Tank Baffles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Baffles

Just a quick question. Finally found a fuel tank for my '49. I was surprised to see no baffles in the tank. Did these not have baffles? Thanks!

No baffles, at least I have never seen any in my tanks.

Frank

Comment

How baffling...

C.D.
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Speaking of gas tanks... I need a tank for my 48, and I am thinking of using a tank out of a different vehicle completely. Has anybody ever seen any other tank that is commonly used and that is a clean set up? Also, I would appreciate some pics on size and correct placement. I think that it should go behind the rear axle (mine is a flatbed unfortunately). How about dimensions? Any info on this subject would be appreciated.
        Thanks.
        Munsk.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          Speaking of gas tanks... I need a tank for my 48, and I am thinking of using a tank out of a different vehicle completely. Has anybody ever seen any other tank that is commonly used and that is a clean set up? Also, I would appreciate some pics on size and correct placement. I think that it should go behind the rear axle (mine is a flatbed unfortunately). How about dimensions? Any info on this subject would be appreciated.
          Thanks.
          Munsk.
          If you use the search function available on these forums you will find several options. Pay particular attention to a posting by Dick Lennox, made 2 or 3 years ago.

C.D.
          1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
          1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
          2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
          1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
          1954 Ford 860 tractor
          1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
          UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Thanks for the lead C.D. however, I don't see how to search the forum. I am now a subscriber, so I was hoping that I could search...
            Anyone...

Comment

Josh, to search the forum, simply click on the "search" word on the tool bar above, and fill in what you want to search for.
              As to a new fuel tank, Chris Case, over on Joe's forum, makes custom stainless steel power wagon fuel tanks that closely match the originals. I do not know what he is currently charging for these, but you could ask him.
              The trouble with used tanks is that they are often rusty and thus lead to all sorts of problems down the road, even if you "clean" them.

Comment

No bafles

Originally posted by carmstan View Post
                Just a quick question. Finally found a fuel tank for my '49. I was surprised to see no baffles in the tank. Did these not have baffles? Thanks!
                I have two ovriginal pw tanks both have no bafles

Thomas

Comment

Working...
                X