- 2 rearends
    - 2 frontends
    - steering box
    - carburator
    - engine compartment surroundings
    - drive shafts
    - a box with interior instruments

+ more I cant remember.

Is this an offer to good to turn down? I don't know much about prices on powerwagon parts, I bought my wm300 truck a few weeks ago for 3000$

If I had an extra grand laying around, Id do it!

Nick

Comment

Depends on what shape it's in. If it's been stored out of the rain in reasonably dry surroundings, it is a good deal. Things to check are the ball on the axle housings, if that's rusted & pitted, that's hard to fix, but the interior parts may still be good. It would be a good idea to borrow a lighted fiberoptic borescope to look at the insides of the t-cases, trannies, and engine cylinders for rust. Go online to Vintage Powerwagons, Ebay, Power Wagon Parts, etc. and look at prices- the cost of some of these items might surprise you

Comment

Might be worth that in scrap iron alone, considering today's scrap prices.

Comment

Originally posted by JStinson View Post
          Might be worth that in scrap iron alone, considering today's scrap prices.
          Thanks for the answers. I went up and looked at the parts today, all the brake parts was nearly new. Items had been stored inside. Both engines (late 251) was in fairly good condition, no ridge or rust in cylinder bores. So I agreed upon buying the parts. Those rear ends are heavy...

Comment

A complete axle weighs about 500 lbs, engine about 600 lbs, T-case about 200 lbs, tranny ~ 100 lbs, PTO ~45 lbs- you'll need a heavy duty trailer to take everything in one load.

Comment

Nice, Id like the axle cases alone. I have one, and I have two third members. Wanna get them re-geared and have axles with both ratios

Comment

Originally posted by maineSS View Post
                A complete axle weighs about 500 lbs, engine about 600 lbs, T-case about 200 lbs, tranny ~ 100 lbs, PTO ~45 lbs- you'll need a heavy duty trailer to take everything in one load.
                + three military type wheels with tires :-)

Thanks, I was just wondering about those figures. My trailer can take about 5000 lbs. Thats going to be close, maybe I need to borrow a semi instead.

Comment

Working...
                X