1961 WM300 Data Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 WM300 Data Plates

I've searched the site can't find an answer. I am fairly new to the forums and have just purchased a 61 WM300, but it has no data plates on the glove box or dash. Would anyone have a photo of what plates were affixed and where? I have also searched the site for where to buy brass plates, but only found places selling the M plates. Thanks in advance for any help or leads.

data plates/vin tags

t137.com has a lot of info on how to identify exactly what truck you have. VPW vintage power wagon has all the data plates for your truck.

Comment

61 WM300 Data Plates Dilemma

Thanks to everyone that responded on the data plates. Now the dilemma: the 61 had 3 peel and stick plates, but VPW only has two in stick and peel. The other, the 2-speed transfer case diagram plate (#14. p. 90 in the catalog) is only available with rivet holes and I affirmed this with VPW yesterday.

I don't think it would look too authentic to have 2 peel and stick and one rivet plate. I might be able to install all rivet plates since VPW has the three, ut then that wouldn't be true to what the 61 WM300 had originally. I'd appreciate any advice or a lead on finding a peel and stick 2 speed transfer case plate.

Comment

61 WM300 Data Plates Dilemma

This is a simple fix, use contact cement on the back of all data plates, in liew of rivets. This is what I used on my 66 WM-300.

Bob

Comment

We have a local source that can do in metal with or without rivet holes, or peel and stick. You can check out many trucks on our sight below that have utilized both types. My preference is the metal type, of course much more durable and a nicer appearance than the decal type. They also offer some high quality decal type that is much nicer than original type that was used, my pick is still for the metal though. If you like what you see, I'll give you contact information for the folks that make them. Many of these that they have done for us are already set up in their computer program thus are easy to duplicate. Once the original set up fee is paid, which for the most part we have already paid for; cost per plate is reasonable. Not dirt cheap, nothing of quality is. These are really nice plates that we use on our top of the line trucks, not the cheapo stuff you sometimes see.

Comment

1961 WM300 Data Plates

Charles,

I'm very interested in getting the contact info for your local source. I will want to go with the metal with no rivet holes since that seems to be what the 61s came with. I agree with you that the peel and stick don't look quite right. I will need three and know the ones I need. Thanks so much.

Nice web site and great looking restorations! Wish I lived closer so I could visit, but NC is a long way from Alaska.

Gary

Comment

Cadillac Sign Co., Contact person, Don Forkey, telephone# 704-474-9409
              Location, 12354 Highway 52 North, Norwood, NC 28128

I'm happy to help if he has questions as they are local here to us; just let me know if the need arises.

Comment

1961 WM300 Data Plates

Will he be familiar with the VPW catalog? If so, I can just give him the number of the plates from their catalog: #14, 32 and 33.

Comment

Originally posted by KenaiGary View Post
                  Will he be familiar with the VPW catalog? If so, I can just give him the number of the plates from their catalog: #14, 32 and 33.
                  He won't have the catalog, but I can scan the plates so he knows what to look for on his computer. Once he knows what you need, you can call to finalize your deal. They are closed every Monday, but I should be able to get them there on Tuesday, no problem. I'll let you know when copies are there.

Comment

1961 WM300 Data Plates

Sounds great, Charles. I really appreciate your help and will wait till I hear from you to call him. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by KenaiGary View Post
                      Sounds great, Charles. I really appreciate your help and will wait till I hear from you to call him. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
                      I'll be in touch sometime Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Talbert View Post
                        I'll be in touch sometime Tuesday.
                        They have the plate illustrations, delivered to them myself this morning.

The contact person I left the info with is a young lady named Abbe. I told her to expect a call later today from you. The plates they have done for us before, there should be no set up fee. If there is one they have not done before, I imagine a set up fee will apply as they will have to create a program to run the plate. Be sure to tell her you do not want the holes in the corners, and that you want the plates done in aluminum with a black background. I told her if there were questions to get back with me so I could verify. Just tell Abbe that you are calling in reference to the info I dropped off this morning, then she will know who you are and what to do for you. Let me know if I can help further.

Comment

1961 WM300 Data Plates

Thanks so much, Charles. I just got off the phone with Abbe. She believes they need to do a setup on two of the plates and will get back to me with a quote for the full order. What have you paid for setup fees in the past?

Comment

I don't recall what the set up fee was in the past, like everything else, cost for that has likely increased too. As I recall, it depended on how much info was on the plate and how complicated the layout was. I believe they did like a per hour cost for the time involved. I was thinking the #33 was a plate we had not used on our rebuilds, the other 2 I'm pretty sure we have; but they will know shortly which ones they have programs for in their computer.

Comment

1961 WM300 Data Plates

Spoke further with Abby today and ordered the three plates. They are charging $20/plate and a $50 setup fee for the one they don't have on file so a total of $110. A little expensive, but these will be quality plates. Thanks again, Charles.

Comment

Working...
                              X