Ash Tray Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ash Tray Option?

I've looked in the parts books and VPW and can't find if an ashtray was an option for the WM300. Anyone know if it was and if so, where I might find one. Thanks

I don't believe it was.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Ash Tray

I have a 57 Power Wagon but it is a little different. Sent to Australia and assembeled in Keswick, South Australia, right hand drive.

I have an ash tray fitted from new in my PW.

And a few other differences.

From Down Under,
      Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Dodge View Post
        I have a 57 Power Wagon but it is a little different. Sent to Australia and assembeled in Keswick, South Australia, right hand drive.

I have an ash tray fitted from new in my PW.

And a few other differences.

From Down Under,
        Adam
        Where is the ash tray located? Under the dash?
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Picture Of Tray in my WM300

I assumed that the ash tray was a dealer installed option. Here is a picture of mine and the cigar lighter in the upper left hand. I thought it was dealer installed also. (I never attached a picture on this forum so I hope it works)
          Rich
          Attached Files

Comment

Parts numbers

Listed in my MOPAR 1947-1956 Parts List Part # D-15788

This Parts List does not cover WM300 Model Code trucks. Most 1947-1956 electrical acessories are 6 volt and would have to be replaced with 12 volt items for a WM300. The ASH RECEIVER is not electric and it's reasonable to think they would fit all PW models.

GROUP 1 - ACCESSORIES (Pages 1-1 through 1-10)

Code 1-18-0 ASH RECEIVER

1-18-2 RECEIVER, UP TO Ser. No. 83940652 Part # 951 770
            1-18-3 HOUSING, UP TO Ser. No. 83940652 Part # 1194 626
            After Ser No. 83940652 Part # 1501 778
            1-18-5 KNOB UP TO Ser. No. 83940652 Part # 1195 688
            After Ser No. 83940652 Part # 1501 775
            1-18-6 SPACER UP TO Ser. No. 83940652 Part # 1194 612
            1-18-8 RETAINER, Housing After Ser No. 83940652 Part # 1501 777
            1-18-11 EXTINGUISHER After Ser No. 83940652 Part # 1501 776

Comment

Ash Tray Option

Thanks, Rich & Paul. The photo helps. Now I need to find one.

Comment

Ash Tray

Hi All,

During the 50's in Australia I believe vehicles had to have some Austrailan built content, as a result my PW was probably delivered in parts to Australia and because of our ties to England my truck is running Lucas electrical components through out the truck and is 12v positve earth, same as English cars of that time. Now back to the ash tray, it is mounted in the centre of dash, where your auxillary gauges are mounted. It is chrome and in the shape of half a circle and about one inch deep. When closed it is almost flush with the dash, you push one side and it opens around with the circle half now out. There is no lighter fitted to the PW. I have seen the same ash tray in English vehicles. The ignition switch / headlight switch (one unit) is mounted just to the right of the ash tray, again Lucas.

My truck is the same as the U.S. Power Wagons to look at with some slight assembly differences.....

Adam
                Last edited by Aussie Dodge; 08-14-2011, 04:52 PM. Reason: Adding content

Comment

Originally posted by Rich in Colorado View Post
                  I assumed that the ash tray was a dealer installed option. Here is a picture of mine and the cigar lighter in the upper left hand. I thought it was dealer installed also. (I never attached a picture on this forum so I hope it works)
                  Rich
                  I have a '61 WM300 and it has the same one. This was a Montana Power truck so it did have some options. I attached a pic of the options tag and it shows them down to the Glove box door lock so I'd assume they would have shown the ashtray as well. Note it shows lockout hubs and this is a '61. Literature says '62 was the first year and that is why you can never say never with this Dodge stuff. Rules tended to get tweaked sometimes.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X