Exhaust manifold gasket #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust manifold gasket #

Would somebody be kind enough to give me a part # for an exhaust manifold gasket please?

This will be for a 1968 Dodge WM300, with a 251 ci...I am passing a new manifold onto another fire district, and promised I would try and find an accurate part # for them. Napa or the like would be great, at least give me something to cross in the computer system

Thanks in advance

I got the NAPA # today,

If anyone else needs this; its a combination intake/exhaust...

NAPA MS9610B1

Comment

Good job, thank you!
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Can you verify that this gasket set works on the 251? The NAPA site lists it as for the 225/230 series, but not for the later WM300 motors.

Comment

Originally posted by defdes View Post
          Can you verify that this gasket set works on the 251? The NAPA site lists it as for the 225/230 series, but not for the later WM300 motors.
          I cannot. This is the number a couple of places gave me, but I never ended up ordering it myself...let me know how you work out!

-T

Comment

The correct number from my NAPA guy for the 251 is Felpro MS8583B, it's on order I'll let you know how it turns out.

Comment

This FELPRO MS8583B is correct, comes with the intake to exhaust gasket as well.

Can someone tell me if it is just the 6 bottom studs (not the center one for the intake) on the head that require sealant thru to the water jacket. I probed with a welding rod and it seems that they are the only open ones, but I'd like to make sure, my FSM has no mention of which ones to seal.

Comment

Originally posted by defdes View Post
                This FELPRO MS8583B is correct, comes with the intake to exhaust gasket as well.

Can someone tell me if it is just the 6 bottom studs (not the center one for the intake) on the head that require sealant thru to the water jacket. I probed with a welding rod and it seems that they are the only open ones, but I'd like to make sure, my FSM has no mention of which ones to seal.
                I used permatex high temp thread sealant on all of my replacement studs, no leaks 2 months out. If I were you I'd err on the side of caution and do the same

I can tell you that the top right one will let coolant out when you dont think thing through and dont notice that the stud is threading out not the nut...

Comment

Thanks, for the real world advice!

Comment

I had a set of exhaust and intake manifold gaskets on hand, and I thought the set had a carb to intake manifold gasket in it, but it didn't. Luckily I went to Smith Auto Parts and they had that gasket in stock. Its a FelPro also, 8531. Says right on the bag
                    "1939-54 Dodge V8, 230, 231, 353, 354. Replaces 637191"

If anyone needs the gasket for the carb to the intake.

Comment

Working...
                    X