Door Lock keyway on PS only??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Lock keyway on PS only??

Newbie here. Getting my 66 WM300 on the road and noticed it only has one keyhole which is on the PS door. None on the DS. Is this correct, or do I need to put this on the to-do list? I think I've seen a few pics where this is also the case. I'm in Baltimore and probably need to lock the doors - and maybe the hood...

Keyed door

IM02crazy, they are only on the passenger side. If I repeat it correctly, Dodge felt that it was safer for all occupants to exit the passenger side. You lock the driver's door, slide to the passenger side ( out of traffic) and lock it from the outside. Matt

Comment

Keying

Does anybody carry replacement keys for these? I don't want to have to pull the lock out if it can be decoded from the serial/VIN.
      Thanks

Comment

Any good locksmith can fix you up, as replacement keys are readily available.

Also, I suggest you may want to learn how to use the search function of this site. Many topics have already come up and been answered. There may be a wealth of information waiting for you there, more than is contained in the responses you will get from this single posting. Nevertheless, glad to have you here, and do feel free to ask any questions you need answered.
        John

Comment

Originally posted by John Waak View Post
          Any good locksmith can fix you up, as replacement keys are readily available.

Also, I suggest you may want to learn how to use the search function of this site. Many topics have already come up and been answered. There may be a wealth of information waiting for you there, more than is contained in the responses you will get from this single posting. Nevertheless, glad to have you here, and do feel free to ask any questions you need answered.
          Also, the vast percentage of the content is in the archives. You can access that information if you are a magazine subscriber or premium forum user.
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Thanks, waiting patiently here.

Thanks for the info. Really great site. I'm the new owner of a very low mileage '66 wm300 and a well worn '54 C-1-PW and eager to get to some of the details the PO didn't get to. I subscribed last week to the Premium membership and am anxiously waiting for the back issues and the access code of the premium membership. I'll post a few pics soon.

Comment

Originally posted by im02crazy View Post
              Thanks for the info. Really great site. I'm the new owner of a very low mileage '66 wm300 and a well worn '54 C-1-PW and eager to get to some of the details the PO didn't get to. I subscribed last week to the Premium membership and am anxiously waiting for the back issues and the access code of the premium membership. I'll post a few pics soon.
              Send me an email at the contact us link below. You apparently purchased a magazine subscription. Email me your real name and address, along with your forum user name and associated email address, so I can get your subscriber status on the forum in place.
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
              X