Tool Box on Running Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Box on Running Board

I know I've seen some photos of Power Wagons with a tool box mounted on the driver's side running board, but can't seem to find any now. I don't like leaving home without a toolbox in the truck and there just isn't enough space under my WM300 seat, plus not exactly easily accessible. I'd rather not put the box in the bed.

Has anyone out there mounted a toolbox on the board that could give me some ideas where I could find one that will work with my PW? I've searched some aftermarket places and found some nice looking diamond plate ones, but I think I will have to have a locking mount fabricated to mount it so no one makes off with it. Thanks in advance for ideas.

I bought a nice aluminum tool box for my WDX, when it's finished. Price was around $40.00.
    Try this place: www.tractorsupply.com
    JH

Comment

Tool Box

Which one did you get and do you plan to mount it on a running board? Thanks

Comment

Try this: http://www.tractorsupply.com/tools/t...24-in--1084146

I don't have a factory box for my WDX, unfortunately. I am putting a flatbed on it until I can find a good box or can afford to buy the parts Matt Tisdale is making to build a bed.
        But this box is 24" long and 10" wide, so should work on your running board. Maybe you could have a pair of straps made that are hinged to open and close with locks to keep the bears from stealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by KenaiGary View Post
          I know I've seen some photos of Power Wagons with a tool box mounted on the driver's side running board, but can't seem to find any now. I don't like leaving home without a toolbox in the truck and there just isn't enough space under my WM300 seat, plus not exactly easily accessible. I'd rather not put the box in the bed.

Has anyone out there mounted a toolbox on the board that could give me some ideas where I could find one that will work with my PW? I've searched some aftermarket places and found some nice looking diamond plate ones, but I think I will have to have a locking mount fabricated to mount it so no one makes off with it. Thanks in advance for ideas.
          This is the only image I can find right now. I know I have seen some that reach to the flare at the top of the box side.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
            This is the only image I can find right now. I know I have seen some that reach to the flare at the top of the box side.
            That is a really great picture!
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Here is an image showing one more like what I was thinking.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a short one.
                Attached Files

Comment

And another.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Somebody stop me!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Any ideas yet?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Last one.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Clint...

You keep postin' 'em and I keep savin' 'em!

You never know what the future may hold... I may need some ideas someday!

Great pics!

Munsk.

Comment

The box on that red WDX looks more like a small refrigerator. :)
                            Does it run on 12 volts or propane? Or nuclear energy?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Henry View Post
                              The box on that red WDX looks more like a small refrigerator. :)
                              Does it run on 12 volts or propane? Or nuclear energy?
                              PTO driven! The faster you drive the colder your beverage gets.

Comment

Working...
                              X