Floor Mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Mats

I have never encountered, personally, in a 46-68 FFPW floor mats that could be said to be correct for the truck and have always assumed they didn't exist. However, just now I saw what possibly could be same in a '62 for sale on Ebay. This has made me wonder if in fact my assumption has been incorrect and furthermore would such an item be available anywhere.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1962-...#ht_500wt_1182
    I have owned and do now, what I always thought were remnants of home made mats. After seeing the Ebay truck I realized that what I have that came with my WDX looked like a match. They have the DCPD logo on them and the #1095998 with AT after, on them. I have just now taken some photos of the driver side mat and as soon as I download these to my laptop I will try to post them here.
    I will be curious to hear if anyone has any knowledge about these items.
    DavidGB

That looks to be a custom cut and fitted mat. We have a premium grade of floor mat material with insulation imbedded into the center portion. We custom cut mats for all our rebuilt trucks. We can furnish the mat material if you are interested.

Comment

Floor Mat photos

Here are pics of the driver side mat that came in my WDX.
      Sorry about photo quality. I don't have a resize method that predicts final size in advance.
      DavidGB
      Attached Files

Comment

Floor mats.

I am wondering if mats were available for the other models of Dodge trucks that shared the same cab and if people customized those to fit in their PWs?
        Charles, when the time comes, I may be interested in what you have, but it will be awhile before I get to such finishing touches. Thanks for giving me that option.
        DavidGB

Comment

Originally posted by DavidGB View Post
          I am wondering if mats were available for the other models of Dodge trucks that shared the same cab and if people customized those to fit in their PWs?
          Charles, when the time comes, I may be interested in what you have, but it will be awhile before I get to such finishing touches. Thanks for giving me that option.
          DavidGB
          Just let us know if you need some, we have material in stock most of the time. Just so you know, ours is a total of 3/8" thick because of the foam type insulation that is imbedded between the top and bottom layers of material, and is much nicer quality than the type you have pictured. The insulation provides noise/vibration control as well as cooler/warmer, floor panels, (depending on the outside temp).

I have seen the type you have in numerous trucks, so likely it was an available item at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidGB View Post
            DavidGB
            WDX WM Style power wagons did have those mats you pictured from the factory.
            In fact they were screwed down with pan head screws and washers to the floor pans.
            I think I saw the small holes in your mats.
            TGP
            WDX & Misc. Pics.
            http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
            "47" Dodge WDX WW
            "52" Dodge M-37 WW
            "54" Willys M38A1
            "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
            "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
            "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
            "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
            "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
            "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Floor mats.

Fantastic. I never knew that, and yes, these were at one time fastened down as you suggested. I can now add an NOS floor mat to my dream list along with a rear PTO belt drive set up.
              DavidGB

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Talbert View Post
                We custom cut mats for all our rebuilt trucks. We can furnish the mat material if you are interested.
                Hi Charles. I am curious as to how you conform a large sheet of matting material to the contours and angles of the center hump in a WDX style Power Wagon. I'm sure you must have developed a method that works, but I have never been able to do it. I tried fitting a mat that was custom made for a '68 D300 to use in a '68 W300 and it didn't come out very well.
                JH

Comment

Roberts Motor Parts sells a set of them on their website, for our Power Wagons, for $80. I have not used them, but have seen the picture. Matt

Comment

Floor Mats

Originally posted by Charles Talbert View Post
                    Just let us know if you need some, we have material in stock most of the time. Just so you know, ours is a total of 3/8" thick because of the foam type insulation that is imbedded between the top and bottom layers of material, and is much nicer quality than the type you have pictured. The insulation provides noise/vibration control as well as cooler/warmer, floor panels, (depending on the outside temp).

I have seen the type you have in numerous trucks, so likely it was an available item at some point.
                    Charles,

Would you mind emailing me a quote for enough material to do my 1961 WM300. The wife is asking me for Christmas ideas...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Henry View Post
                      Hi Charles. I am curious as to how you conform a large sheet of matting material to the contours and angles of the center hump in a WDX style Power Wagon. I'm sure you must have developed a method that works, but I have never been able to do it. I tried fitting a mat that was custom made for a '68 D300 to use in a '68 W300 and it didn't come out very well.
                      JH
                      The original mats I don't believe covered the transmission cover,I could be wrong but thought they were just left and right floor pan mats.
                      The center cover used a leather mat.
                      TGP
                      WDX & Misc. Pics.
                      http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
                      "47" Dodge WDX WW
                      "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                      "54" Willys M38A1
                      "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
                      "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
                      "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
                      "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
                      "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
                      "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Floor Mats.

Tom,
                        The mats that I have with the DPCD logo on them appear identical to the Roberts mats in shape. My mats are in fairly ragged condition and the picture of the mats at the Roberts site prevent further comparison at the moment. What is now particularly curious to me is that the mat in the '62 WM for sale on ebay looks to be one piece (or at least covers the tunnel) and although matching in border and non slip pattern, varies in the way it deals with the pedals. I will attempt to contact the seller to see if he may offer some enlightenment.
                        DavidGB

Comment

I`d guess most everybody knows about this supplier,they have the leather transmission floor draft cover.
                          PDF format,page 102.

http://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/pd...atherstrip.pdf

Homepage

http://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Petroff View Post
                            The original mats I don't believe covered the transmission cover,I could be wrong but thought they were just left and right floor pan mats.
                            The center cover used a leather mat.
                            TGP
                            The original mats did cover the center. I have one I bought new in the early 70's and have never used.
                            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                              The original mats did cover the center. I have one I bought new in the early 70's and have never used.
                              Do you want to sell it?

Comment

Working...
                              X