Cowl Vent Mechanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowl Vent Mechanism

My cowl vent has a few issues. The handle is bent almost 90 degrees, probably from someone trying to force it open, as the whole works were rusted together. The spring that attaches to the thingamajig (small locking-lever thingy) is broken and the whatchamacallit (large fulcrum-lever thingy) is no longer fastened to the handle. I can't find any parts drawing anywhere but I've got it figured out for the most part. How was the whatchamacallit attached to the handle originally? There is a flat headed remnant of a pin, or rivet maybe, still sticking in it but I have nothing more to go on. Anybody have a pic of one that works? This is a trivial thread I know - I'm just wasting time to keep from having to tackle the wheel bearings and knuckle joints.
    Attached Files

Bluto92,

Hope these help.

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

nice cab

Thanks for the pic, W A. That gives me something to shoot for. And I'm talking about the sandblasted cab. Can't imagine what year that might be for me...

Comment

Bluto92,

Thanks and hopes the pix help. Well, the blasted cab is the result of a brake job I started on the truck, that got a little carried overboard. It's taking a lot longer than it should as I kept putting off the blasting, final body work and painting.
        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
        Will
        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Nothing is really trivial here

I'm at the same place. Just took mine all apart and mine was bent too. Thanks for the pictures. I was thinking that the handle is supposed to be bent and also that the cam that holds the vent in position operates by gravity. The pin (rivet) that connects the handle to the cowl was not connected on mine, either. So, I really appreciate the post.

Comment

I wonder if it was locked when someone tried to open the cowl vent.

Steve in NJ

Comment

Working...
            X