Charles Talbert Question, Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly what I would expect

Not at all surprised to hear you got that response from Good Year. When we first made a decision that the given size would run on the original rims; they were suggested to me by our local heavy truck tire dealer, in the truck tire business for 60 years now. Our rep was born into that business, and is now age 55. He installs all ours on the rims personally, and stands behind them 100%. We have never had an issue in over 10 years of running that size in all types of applications. In fact I have a set on my truck that we have worn out, they need to be replaced right now; we will be installing a new set. We have run these at interstate speeds, as well as off road and couldn't be more satisfied with the way they have performed in every way. I think you know me from the forum well enough that if I hadn't had a good result, I would be the first to spill the beans.

Understand that I am not suggesting you do anything because I have done it; I commend you for making what you believe is an informed and safe decision. You simply asked what we were using, I shared that info with you.

Comment

I was just looking at tires for my Dakota. Goodyear has drastically changed the look and tread of the Wrangler RT/S. They are no longer an off road tire, more of a street tire. So I looked at the Duratrac MT. I really like them, but dont have the funds for them right now. But they will be in the future of my Dakota. Even though they dont make them in 265 70 16, so Ill need to get 265 75 16.

But I when I looked at the Duratracs, I sure wondered if those could go on my PW. I will re read this thread an get more of the details and see if eventually they may be in both my vehicles future..

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Talbert View Post

Understand that I am not suggesting you do anything because I have done it; I commend you for making what you believe is an informed and safe decision. You simply asked what we were using, I shared that info with you.
        Thanks again, Charles, for sharing the info.

CD
        1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
        1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
        2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
        1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
        1954 Ford 860 tractor
        1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
        UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Working...
        X