No announcement yet.

Rear PTO...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't Solidworks have a button that fixes all that?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
      Doesn't Solidworks have a button that fixes all that?
      Unfortunately not. ProE may though. I think it is an add-in called "ProPutty". ;^)

Comment

Very good points, Clint. And you're right, I did mention the idea of someone making a kit. I was also tossing around the idea of just making something up for my truck. Two different things, it sounds like.

Thanks very much for the info. I don't know when/if I would ever get around to such a project, but I hope to someday. In the meantime, though, I have a lot of other, more fundamental things to work on with this truck to bring it up to snuff.

Comment

It depends on whether you're looking at a perfect copy of original parts, or at something that can be used with today's equipment and commonly available parts. If you want something that will power today's posthole diggers, bush hogs, etc, you'll end up with different shaft dia/spline counts than 1940's equipment. So that is your first decision to make, and I would likely come down on the side of practicality, rather than engage in a decades-long scavenger hunt for antique equipment.

Comment

Yes, practicality (which probably means using modern equivalents) is what I would be after, rather than trying to hunt down or reproduce something perfectly original. But, alas, while I can contemplate it, it's really a project that will have to wait for another time.

Comment

There was one on craigslist

https://meadville.craigslist.org/pts...195473520.html

Comment

Working...
              X