What was I waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was I waiting for?

I'm new to this site but I've been a Mopar fan for quite a few years, owning both a 340 Duster and a 1968 Dodge Charger in the past. I just recently came across a photo and brief history of the Dodge Power Wagon. What a Beautiful Machine! My favorite is the 1 ton flat fender Wagon but you can tell all of them mean business. It's like I just discovered a whole new universe! I've got alot of reading to catch up on, I just ordered the back issues of Power Wagon (28 issues) and can't wait to start reading more. I know what my retirement gift to myself is going to be in 2012. I've got to have a Dodge Power Wagon!

Glad you found out about the Power Wagon

You won't regret it. After about 30 years off to raise 4 kids, I'm now working on PW#8. I have owned at least of one of each era from the Flat Fender through the LifeStyle version (except the Power Giant) and loved every one of them. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Originally posted by 75Crew View Post
      You won't regret it. After about 30 years off to raise 4 kids, I'm now working on PW#8. I have owned at least of one of each era from the Flat Fender through the LifeStyle version (except the Power Giant) and loved every one of them. Enjoy the ride!
      Hey you missed out on he best series, the Power Giants LOL I'm biased owning a 59 W 200 and having worked on more than a few. They all have their followers and care takers.

PWadmirer enjoy the ride and have fun. If you need help locating a truck you've come to the right forum no matter what your taste or budget. If you're close to Indiana I have 3 FFPW's available in various states of repair for sale. If you like Power Giants,57-60, I can help there also. For a real indoctrination plan to attend the PW rally in Iowa next June. Be for warned though it may lead to PW overload. haha See the section on this forum for details.

Comment

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the welcome guys! Ron in Indiana, I'll keep you in mind when I start looking for my Power Wagon. I have a lot to learn about them yet.

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Power Wagons, and don't let Ron's bias get to you, he's just jealous of us PW and M37 owners, LOL.

Actually all the great of old Dodge Power Wagons are great adventures and rides.

Will
          My Dodge Power Wagons
          I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
          1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
          1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
          1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
          2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Welcome to the club. Be careful though, Power Wagons and M37s are more addictive than most street drugs.

Comment

Welcome to the Power Wagon family. I'm still a new guy in the fraternity with only six months under my belt. I bought a 61 WM300 in July and got the fever so bad I bought my grandson a 1950 B-2-PW restoration project for his first birthday. Him, his dad and I will start working on it this spring. Watch out, this affliction can hit hard. You might check out the forum at dodgepowerwagon.com as well. Good luck with the addiction. There isn't a known cure...

Comment

Anything close?

Thanks for all your welcome words. Besides the gathering in June in Iowa is there any where I can actually check out a FFPW? All I've seen is pictures I can't inagine my excitement when I get to take a closer look at a Power Wagon. Any shows in Michigan? Thanks!

Comment

WPC Museum

Check out the Walter P Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills, MI. They have a really nice one there.

Comment

Thanks 75 Crew

Comment

Welcom

Check out a web site called jaxed dodge power wagon , it will give you listings for places like ebay , craigslist , auto trader , etc.. of all Power Wagons for sale and where.

Comment

Thanks Mark, I'll look into the jaxed website

Comment

Working...
                        X