Rearview Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rearview Mirrors

I'd like to replace the tiny original, multiple-image, smack-you-upside-the-head mirrors with something larger, more rigid and closer in. Any suggestions on what fits the door well?

You paint a vivid picture.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
      You paint a vivid picture.
      Vivid images in mirror are closer than they appear....;^)

Comment

My one observation would be to say that many modern mirrors could look out of place on these trucks.

My preference on the early Power Wagon has been a rectangular mirror on a single stalk mount. If I have any peeve it is when the swivel ball is loose. Usually they are adjustable by screws. Do not lubricate the ball!
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

You might consider the looking for mirror arms from a 41 military closed cab. they are designed so that you can mount them on either side of the door hinge and are a rock solid mount. I copied the design and made my own.

No holes in the door skins with them either.

Comment

Hi Kevin
            I still think you should mass produce about 50 pairs of those mirror assemblies. I would buy at least one pair. They look great.

Comment

I'm looking for a larger mirror that won't vibrate. It would be nice not to drill additional holes, as that's where rust always starts, but it may not be possible. I'd like to get a rectangular mirror 3-4 times the size of the OEM one, and I'll likely mount a heater on the back of the glass on the driver side...

Comment

It sounds like the old West Coast Mirror that you are looking for.
                They mount in 2 places. I took these off this truck and you can have them if you want them. They would take some cleaning up. Pay the freight from Idaho and they are yours.

Comment

Jerry-

What's the size of those mirrors? I'm wondering if Kevin's mount would handle them (with a little modification).

Comment

Originally posted by maineSS View Post
                    Jerry-

What's the size of those mirrors? I'm wondering if Kevin's mount would handle them (with a little modification).
                    They are roughly 4" to 4 1/2" wide and 12" to 14" tall.
                    They definitely require two positions to attach to the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Henry View Post
                      Hi Kevin
                      I still think you should mass produce about 50 pairs of those mirror assemblies. I would buy at least one pair. They look great.
                      I'm just not set up good enough to make a run of them. Even at $5.00/hr no one would buy them. ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X