Door Glass Guide Strip Hardware Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Glass Guide Strip Hardware Question

OK, I've got the new door glass being made, and am looking to install the new guide strips on my non-vent window doors.

In the above photo I have 5 each of A & B per Door, and 3 each of C per Door.

It looks like I need 8 of item A per Door?
    It looks like I only need 4 of item B per door?
    I don't know where to put item C.

Any help/suggestions for where/how many of these items go?

Also any other advice is appreciated.

Will

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post

OK, I've got the new door glass being made, and am looking to install the new guide strips on my non-vent window doors.

In the above photo I have 5 each of A & B per Door, and 3 each of C per Door.

It looks like I need 8 of item A per Door?

It looks like I only need 4 of item B per door?

I don't know where to put item C.

Any help/suggestions for where/how many of these items go?

Also any other advice is appreciated.

Will

Item "C" goes in the bottom of the window opening at the "inside" of the glass. If you look straight down in the window opening, you will see slots in the turned down flange at the inside of the window opening.

Item "A" - This attaches the window sweep in the same opening explained above, only to the "outside" of the window glass. It has been a while since I have had my doors apart, but I believe more of these are used on doors if you are not using vent wings - less if vent wings are installed. That window sweep is shorter in length when a vent wing is used.

Item "B" - four does not sound like enough but I did put some extras in my doors so four may have been there originally. I put in extras where ever I could find a place to get the part to clip onto sheetmetal in the window track of the door.

Comment

Thanks Clint. Vaughn gave me pretty well the same info. On B I could only find four places to use them, this left one extra per door. However I'm not sure if any were supposed to be used on the lower front channel that gets installed separately. I thought with the length of belt line window sweep seal I had it went on both the inside as out. Here is the resulting installation. Now to just wait on the glass to arrive.

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
      Will
      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
        Thanks Clint. Vaughn gave me pretty well the same info. On B I could only find four places to use them, this left one extra per door. However I'm not sure if any were supposed to be used on the lower front channel that gets installed separately. I thought with the length of belt line window sweep seal I had it went on both the inside as out. Here is the resulting installation. Now to just wait on the glass to arrive.

Glad my information agreed with Vaughn's. I was taking a stab strictly from memory. Two heads are always better than one! ;^)

I believe if you have early '46 doors, they may not have as many "crossmembers" to attach those clips to. I call them crossmembers for lack of a better term. They are the sheatmetal pieces that tie the inner and outer sections of the door together behind the window track.

Comment

Working...
        X