251 Jasper Rebuild - Ongoing documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 251 Jasper Rebuild - Ongoing documentation

Jasper Engines is rebuilding my 251 and running into some challenges. We're overcoming them one step at a time.

Because I've had many inquiries on this rebuild I'm providing access to the website that Jasper provides in their documentation package. If you would like to follow the daily progress on this rebuild please follow the link and directions on my website

http://www.flyingtigertransport.com/newsandevents.html

Nice Web site you have.

Will be a Very Nice PW when completed.
    Enjoyed the pictures.
    TGP
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

I went to the Jasper site like you said, but it would not accept the account number you posted.

Comment

Same problem here on the Jasper site. But, I'm still curious to what problem they ran into on your block? Did a bearing spin on a rod? That would not hurt the block, so I'm curious.

Comment

account number problem

Thanks for letting me know. I will check on ths tonite and correct. Problem was that the main journal was way out of spec and they wanted to give me an option of providing another block or spatterb welding and machining to spec. Its cheaper to have them weld build and machine.

Comment

Jasper LOGIN information now corrected

Oops. Got the account number wrong. The info on the site is now correct and I verified it will get you in to the documentation site. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited by im02crazy; 03-12-2012, 05:55 PM. Reason: added url

Comment

NEW ENGINE REBUILD PICS from Jasper.

My 251 is currently in rebuild stage today in Indiana.
              finally!,
              Please click on the link below that gives my site and special link to the Jasper reman documentation pics.

Great pics on all stages of rebuild including welding the mains, machining, and inspection processes. Enjoy them please and let me know ur thoughts.

I will eventually scan and post the full documentation package when I receive the paper binder.

Dave in Baltimore MD

Comment

Engine Rebuild completed- engine back in Baltimore!

Jasper called and told me the engine is completed, and already here in Baltimore. I'm dropping off a certified check tomorrow, and having the engine shipped to Milstread Motors (Westminster, MD) for re-installation. Getting close to roadworthy.

I wasnt sure they were going to get the engine color right, but the guy at their local warehouse said "yep, it's a big red-orange shiny thing." I felt much better. And after I verified it was'nt leaking any oil, yet, I felt even better. Of course all bets are off on the oil leaks once it's back in service.

The final assembly and testing pics aren't posted yet, but I will do so if they don't.

Comment

That is very exciting.
                  Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Nice Pictures Dave. I'm glad to see the guy working on it was not some high school part time employee....

Please keep us posted how she runs! They ought to have her going by the weekend!

Wayne

Comment

Really good pics! It's nice to watch the whole process from start to finish. My 230 is on an engine stand right now, waiting for me to find time to fix the things that need fixing. Sometimes I think it might be worth it to just send it off somewhere to have it done. At least it would get done this decade.

Comment

gettin it done

Thanks Matt. That's why I bit the bullet and sent it to Jasper. I really wanted a local shop to do it, but considering what Jasper had to do, i'm glad I went with them. Just the spatter welding and the machining would have been $1,500 locally for the mains rebuild.

I have new pics up on the full rebuild:
                        http://www.flyingtigertransport.com/enginerebuild.html

Comment

Documentation Completed

I have received the printed and electronic documentation on my rebuild from Jasper.

Please checkout the full booklet scanned and posted http://www.flyingtigertransport.com

select the Jasper Engine Rebuild link on right side. Nice job and thanks to Darren Ragsdale at Jasper.

Comment

I think the engine was in your hands a week or two ago, how is it running?

Wayne

Comment

Getting closer

I wish I could tell u its running perfectly but its not in the truck yet! My mechanic is slowly getting it together to drop back in. His shop has fleet commitments so I'm waiting for a slot. I knew this going in, but I want it back asap. A few straggling items yet to completion. I will post a video of the crankover and first run on utube, hopefuly soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X