47 wdx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 wdx

I got away from my truck for awhile and when parked, 1 1/2 years ago the brakes worked OK. Since then I start it up to a warm engine condition and dont drive it, every so often. Today the same thing but I took it for a short ride and to my surprise no brakes, pedal to the floor. My question, is there some common brake issues to a truck like this ? The truck was a plyoumth dealer recovery truck and very well taken care of with only 18,800 miles. Also does anyone have any info about marquet winches, the manual type. Thanks paul.

Could be any number of components leaking(seeping).
    Master cyl.,wheel cyl.,fittings.
    Refill the reservoir and bleed the system.
    Look for leaks or seeping.
    If it's a real minuet leak (seep) you may have to pull the wheels to detect it,or if your lucky the leaking wheel my "grab" upon application of the brake.
    It's very hard to keep these old single systems leak free. Always check your fluid regularly.
    TGP
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

thanks tom

Tom,I will be looking for the common stuff thanks. I had one other question it deales with the trucks street speeds. My engine runs well, it seems only the carb has been rebuilt but my top speed seems to be held to about 40 miles per hour. My owners manual for the 47 states it could be doing 55 is this realistic ? It may be a tune issue to do this but should my truck be able to go 55 ? The truck still has its origional 9.00x16 tires and wheels. I think they are origional they say they are made of rayon. Thanks for your help paul. Also the truck still has its 5.83 gears.

Comment

47wdx

Preaction,
        I have never been 55 mph in a stock PW even with 4.89 gears. I have been over 40 though, but not by a whole lot and not for extended times. I know that in theory they may be capable of something like 55, but I would be pretty nervous if I was in a stock PW going that fast.
        Brakes need to be exercised along with the rest of the mechanicals.
        DavidGB

Comment

Originally posted by preaction View Post
          Tom,I will be looking for the common stuff thanks. I had one other question it deales with the trucks street speeds. My engine runs well, it seems only the carb has been rebuilt but my top speed seems to be held to about 40 miles per hour. My owners manual for the 47 states it could be doing 55 is this realistic ? It may be a tune issue to do this but should my truck be able to go 55 ? The truck still has its origional 9.00x16 tires and wheels. I think they are origional they say they are made of rayon. Thanks for your help paul. Also the truck still has its 5.83 gears.
          A lot of those older tires had dates on them. If your tires are the originals, you should consider replacing them.

Also, you should post pictures of your truck. It sounds like a beauty. We all want to see it.

Comment

47 wdx

I second the motion for pictures. (I too have a 47.)
            DavidGB

Comment

pics

Im not good at posting them but if my current status alowes me to I will tomorrow thanks for the help, paul

Comment

Working...
              X