PW Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW Console

I've been looking for a console to put on the seat of my 61 WM300 so I could put a cup of coffee there and have some other things close at hand (also gives me a place to rest my elbow). I've looked in four junkyards for the old style saddle bag consoles that you'd find in rigs in the 70s and 80s, but no luck.

I finally found one that fits the PW well and you don't need a middle seat belt to attach it. It is a bit spendy, but it's the right size, is well made and the strap attachment works well.

It is sold through Amazon at:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004C46IKQ/...cs_sce_3p_dp_1

Coulda, shoulda, woulda

Forget the electric locking differentials and disconnecting sway bar. Forget that it was built on a different frame than any other Dodge. Forget that it had the only standard winch. Forget the computer that changed throttle response when the truck was in 4WD. I bought a new 2005 Power Wagon just to get cup holders.

Comment

console

Check your yellow pages for any place that does handicap conversions on vans in your area. I used to work for one of these places, we were constantly removing seats and consoles to make room for wheelchair bound drivers or passengers. some newer minivans have cupholders, a light inside the compartment, a lighter/power plug and I think dodge caravans or toyota siennas had a neat little pop up cell phone holder.

Comment

console to sit on the seat

I found this console that works very well for holding drinks and other things and doesn't slide around much on the vinyl seat of my '75 W200. It is soft-sided, folds flat and is easy to stuff under the seat if you want to use the space for another passenger. Here is the link and a photo:

http://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-Go-Gea...511115&sr=1-14
        Attached Files

Comment

I dunno. When I lived in the Big City, I sometimes ran the Power Wagon thru the McDonald's drive thru for a hot cup of coffee. No lid, of course. Used to pride myself on being able to wander out into city traffic without spilling a drop. Never wished for a cupholder, but power steering might have been nice...

Comment

I remember, from my early childhood, riding shotgun in the Power Wagon with the windows down and the windshield cranked open. A cold Coke in my hand. Or rather, two cold Cokes; mine and my Granddad’s.

I don’t know if it was true in the moment, but looking back on it now, those days were near perfect. We would work on the farm all morning and when the sun got hot we would climb in the Power Wagon and go to town for icy cold Cokes.

I remember the feel of the cold fluted bottles. I remember how refreshing it was to have the windshield cranked open. As I think about it now, I probably remember the feel of the bottles so vividly because we had no cup holders.

I was the cup holder.

A couple generations later I am driving my own Power Wagon, and I wish for a shotgun rider to hold my Coke or coffee. I haven’t had much luck with the manufactured cup holders. A lot of spillage.

Comment

Console

I also hope to have a cup holder, but he is my grandson and he's 19 months old so I have to wait a bit. My other passenger, my mentor will ride with me in a parade this summer. He's 86 and if he wants to bring along a cup of coffee or a cold bottle of Coke he will have a place to put it as he waves to the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by KenaiGary View Post
                I also hope to have a cup holder, but he is my grandson and he's 19 months old so I have to wait a bit. My other passenger, my mentor will ride with me in a parade this summer. He's 86 and if he wants to bring along a cup of coffee or a cold bottle of Coke he will have a place to put it as he waves to the crowd.
                You have a lot to look forward to with that little grandson. Grab onto those things and smile.

We live in a world where most people are rushing here and there, tending to their investment accounts, grooming their poodles, and polishing their SUVs. They are jetting back and forth from LA to New York in first class seats where flight attendants bring them pillows and cocktails with little umbrellas.

And then there are people who don't go in for all that tripe; people like us whose hopes lie in our children and grandchildren and in our aging mentors and old trucks and drinking an icy Coke on a hot day.

Life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin mienke View Post
                  you have a lot to look forward to with that little grandson. Grab onto those things and smile.

We live in a world where most people are rushing here and there, tending to their investment accounts, grooming their poodles, and polishing their suvs. They are jetting back and forth from la to new york in first class seats where flight attendants bring them pillows and cocktails with little umbrellas.

And then there are people who don't go in for all that tripe; people like us whose hopes lie in our children and grandchildren and in our aging mentors and old trucks and drinking an icy coke on a hot day.

Life is good.
                  Amen!

Comment

Working...
                  X