X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Knell for Old Trucks and Cars?

Thought many of you would be interested in this article:

http://ericpetersautos.com/2012/04/0...-not-for-long/

I consider myself fortunate to live in a country where I am free to do the things I want.

Or mostly.

Of course there will always be people who think they need to tell everyone else what to do. Unfortunately, a few of those people have slipped into positions of influence and power and are winning people over to their side daily.

As an example, not too long ago the people of Iowa encouraged lawmakers to ban the use of smoking tobacco in public areas. Although I personally don’t smoke, I was very outspoken against the implementation of a ban. And, even though I intimately understand the dangers of smoking from having spent many years as a paramedic, I could not see a ban as being a good thing for anybody. My position was based on the idea that if I allowed them to take away the freedoms of others, it surely wouldn’t be long until they started coming after my own. Unfortunately the ban was passed with a majority of Iowans in support.

This should serve as evidence that the concerns of the author are legitimate. With the influence of a few powerful people, more and more folks are learning to support the slaying of certain freedoms. It seems they are conditioning us to prize our own freedom, but not the freedom of others. In the end it will bite us all in the butt.

Hopefully us old truck enthusiasts who want to keep the freedom to drive whatever we want aren’t among those in support of tobacco bans, and firearm bans, and whatever bans they will think of next.

Comment

I live in Michigan and love it. There are no inspections, emissions, or cooky laws regarding what you can and can not drive. Keep your tags current and the pipes respectably quiet and you can run whatever you want.

Comment

Working...
      X