Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 1 ton Power Wagon- Radiator Issue

All:

Dumb question time. Your forbearance is appreciated. I am in the process of reassembling the front sheet metal and supports on my truck, having finally collected original replacement parts including what should be the proper radiator (it has the proper position of the hose locations on the tanks for the 251). If the radiator fits inside of the large U-channel structuring the front body work, my radiator side flanges are too wide and have to be cut-down. The makeshift radiator that I removed (M-37?) was bolted to the inside of the forward U-channel flange. As an aside I had a bunch of cobbled-together M-37 parts that I had to remove from the front of this engine, including a 230 water pump. Is there any chance on a very early 1961 that the proper radiator bolts to the outside front flange of the U-channel? If not, I think I will need to find somebody in Houston with a plasma cutter to reduce the radiator side flanges' width. The radiator core width is correct. I hate to spoil an original radiator by reducing the radiator side mounting flanges if I can avoid it. Thanks for your help.....Keith.

On my 63 FFPW, the radiator is bolted on the front outside of the radiator support. This truck has been through a lot of mechanics and modifications (it's not even the original engine), but I suspect it is in the right position. It works, anyways.

Comment

1961 1 ton Power Wagon radiator Issue

Thank you for your kind input Mr. Harris. Will install the radiator this weekend and start the engine.

Comment

Working...
      X