No announcement yet.

New Engine! - Ready for the Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it doesn't sound like it's going to blow up anymore :-)

When we used it on the ranch for the last 40 years, the 5:83 gears were perfect for the job. All four tires chained up, blasting through several feet of snow to feed the sheep/cattle. It would lead the parade in nearly any weather condition.

Now that he has become a "city" truck, the 4:89 gears are just the ticket for me.
    Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
    2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by brk1 View Post
      Thanks, I'll look for him
      Greetings,

I tried to send you an internal email, but it seems you have opted out of that option.

Tim alerted me to this posting on his new 230. If you have any questions that I can help you with, feel free to contact me at wyogus1@yahoo.com.

Dave Brownlow
      Cheyenne, WY
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Bringing this thread back to life for an update! Is it still running like a champ? Any problems? Do you have a pic or two of your exhaust system?

Thanks, awesome setup!

Clark

Comment

Still great!

Clark-

Engine is running exceptionally well! I am very happy with it.

My only problem is I keep tearing the truck apart in phases. Right now, I have the entire back 1/2 off. I've ordered a new headboard, tailgate, bed sides and rear fenders for it. Still have to order some bed strips and wood. I am completely done with the mechanical aspects of the truck and now get to start working on the appearance. Hopefully I'll get to drive it again in a few months :-)

Will see if I can dig up some pictures of the exhaust and post them for you. Thanks for asking!
          Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
          2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it's humming along. I just finished pulling the rear of mine apart also, cleaning things up.

Thanks in advance for pics of your exhaust system.
            Attached Files

Comment

Twins

We have matching trucks now!
              Attached Files
              Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
              2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Comment

Hey Tim,

NICE! Your cab looks to be in better condition than mine. I've got rust through on the corners, across the rear of the cab, and the forward corners of the doors.

I'm going to attempt to sandblast the rear half of the frame where it sits. Don't have a shop yet so, I can't take the cab off. :(

Comment

Great minds!

Thanks. These Western trucks don't seem to get as rusty. Makes my life a little bit easier :-) That's basically my plan as well. Once the back 1/2 is done I'll do the cab and front as time/money allows. Here is a couple of the exhaust pictures I promised. Hope they are helpful.
                  Attached Files
                  Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
                  2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Comment

Awesome Tim,

Thanks for the photos of the exhaust, nice setup. How far back does the exhaust go? Does it exit before the tire or after?

Thanks!
                    Clark

Comment

Exhaust

Clark-
                      It exits right before the tire at the end of the running board. This is further back than original, but I didn't want it coming out so close to the cab. Personal preference.
                      You can also see why I needed to get a new fender and running board. Back in the 70's my truck was in between an angry wife in a station wagon chasing her husbands truck from a local watering hole. Station wagon was totaled and my truck earned the moniker "Crusher".
                      Attached Files
                      Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
                      2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Comment

Another name could be "marriage mediator" haha
                        I need to get a custom exhaust as mine is getting bad. I also like bringing it out farther back like you did. Where did you get the muffler, TIm?

Comment

muffler

Hi there Doc!

I had a local exhaust shop do the work. It was a basic 2 1/2" x 24" Glasspak they had on the shelf. Part # was 622425. Something similar to this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1-2-X-24-W...-/360326709083

With the dual exhaust headers, I increased my pipe size from 2" at the headers to 2 1/2" by the glass pak.
                          Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
                          2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Comment

Thanks TIm,
                            I will inquire with a local muffler shop and use your info as guide.
                            By the way, I have become acquainted with another PW man, name of Mark Ellis who is working here in my county for the defense industry. Mark is from NC originally.

Comment

Further Update...

I am now building another engine like Tim's, this one for Brk1. It has taken quite awhile gathering up all the parts. Tim has been a huge help, helping find some of the more elusive components. This engine goes into a sweet '48, off frame resto/upgrade.

Great fun! (Hope it doesn't kill me!)

CD
                              1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                              1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                              2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
                              1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
                              1954 Ford 860 tractor
                              1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
                              UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Originally posted by Cheyenne Dave View Post
                                I am now building another engine like Tim's, this one for Brk1. It has taken quite awhile gathering up all the parts. Tim has been a huge help, helping find some of the more elusive components. This engine goes into a sweet '48, off frame resto/upgrade.

Great fun! (Hope it doesn't kill me!)

CD

Start another thread and post up pics of the progress. I look forward to reading about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X