47 fuel gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 fuel gauge

Does anyone find that their fuel gauge operates alittle sluggish, that is reads alittle lower than actual gas pumped in and reads at the bottom sooner than it runs out.

Originally posted by preaction View Post
    Does anyone find that their fuel gauge operates alittle sluggish, that is reads alittle lower than actual gas pumped in and reads at the bottom sooner than it runs out.
    Consider yourself lucky that it works at all.

The problems you identify can probably be remedied by bending the float arm. But, as I said, consider yourself lucky and avoid messing with it if you don't have to.

Or, buy a new one for over a hundred dollars and send me your old one :)

Comment

Thanks

Im still alittle new at this.

Comment

If yours is like most trucks, eventually you will have to pull the tank for cleaning. When you do that, that's the time to deal with the fuel sender.

Comment

If yours is like most trucks, eventually you will have to pull the tank for cleaning. When you do that, that's the time to deal with the fuel sender.

Comment

I just bought a 2 pole sender from VPW, and it got here and its the wrong kind, this one has screw holes around it, my tank is the twist lock type.

Do they may a two pole sender with the twist lock type installation??

Thanks
            Nick

Comment

[QUOTE=

Do they may a two pole sender with the twist lock type installation??

Thanks
              Nick

I don't think so. The twist lock was the later tanks and used the one terminal (common) sender.
              The two pole unit is very early 40's to late 40's.

I could be wrong but I've never seen one.
              TGP
              WDX & Misc. Pics.
              http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
              "47" Dodge WDX WW
              "52" Dodge M-37 WW
              "54" Willys M38A1
              "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
              "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
              "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
              "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
              "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
              "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

So I have TWO of the wrong tanks... Great. I have a stock one, the half size and a full size one.... Wonder if the snap ring can be taken off and the tank modified to accept the screw in one.......

Comment

Working...
                X