1st Power Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sudsf16 View Post
    Hi texcwa, could you describe the paint process you chose for the frame? Wondering what was your final decision.
    I ended up just using the Rustoleum Products. 2 coats of self etching primer with 3 coats of semigloss black enamel.

Comment

• Matt Wilson
      Matt Wilson commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, the truck is looking great! Did you get the twin Webers and air cleaner assemblies from Tom Langdon (Stovebolt parts)? I got two setups from him for the 265 I will be building for my '49 Power Wagon. Also got headers from him. Really looking forward to seeing how they perform.

Matt, I actually got the carbs, intake and headers from VPW. I just posted another thread on the use of a fuel pressure regulator. Also on the correct psi to the carbs. Hopefully you may have some advice. This set up runs strong. I am getting a slight starvation when I hit the gas pedal hard but am thinking its due to the lack of heating up the intake manifold. Thanks for the comment on my build.

Comment

• Matt Wilson
      Matt Wilson commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I just ran across your other thread and saw that you got these from VPW. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice on the pressure. I will probably have to call Tom Langdon about that when the time comes. Tom is insistent that manifolds need to be heated by some means. The stock intake manifold was physically connected to the exhaust manifold and derived its heat by that means, but many of the aftermarket intakes, like the dual intakes most of us use are not connected, so he says we need to add the heat somehow, such as the way you mentioned. Meanwhile, George Asche, who is an old-time Dodge/Chrysler flathead enthusiast, says you don't need heat. He is in his late 80's and has been rebuilding and racing flatheads since 1949, I think he said. He drives them as his daily drivers, too, so I would think he would know. I'm just offering two opposing viewpoints from two guys who I think would know something about all this.

The only issue you may come across is the linkage. I had to design my own and IMHO it works great. If you want any more detail on it, I took many pics of the build and have a few on how I made my linkage.

Comment

• Matt Wilson
      Matt Wilson commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I may take you up on the photos. I have a linkage kit with various pieces and parts, which came with the carbs from Langdon but I anticipate needing time and possibly guidance to get it all figured out. Also, I'm glad to hear that your engine runs strong with the two carbs.
Working...
X