Service topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service topics

I would like to know what service topics you feel are most important, or that you would most like to have access to better service literature and reference materials than currently exist.

Please also post additional comments in this thread that you may have regarding topic areas or interests.
    Brakes
    22.95%
    Front drive axle
    14.75%
    Differential
    14.75%
    Cooling system
    3.28%
    Electrical system
    8.20%
    Fuel system
    4.92%
    Transmission & Clutch
    11.48%
    Transfer case
    4.92%
    Steering
    8.20%
    Suspension
    6.56%
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Gordon,

I posted something along these lines the other day, but you may not have seen it.

We were discussing the NSN's, TM's, and FM's. I think it would be nice if we had these listed, or at least links.

I know you have precious little bandwidth, so do what you feel you need to.

If a links page is decided it would be nice to have that organized, with everything being filed away so nicely like you do the rest of the site.

Thanks again.

T

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Newton
      Gordon,

I posted something along these lines the other day, but you may not have seen it.

We were discussing the NSN's, TM's, and FM's. I think it would be nice if we had these listed, or at least links.

I know you have precious little bandwidth, so do what you feel you need to.

If a links page is decided it would be nice to have that organized, with everything being filed away so nicely like you do the rest of the site.

Thanks again.

T
      TM is technical manual, what is NSM and FM? By listed, you mean a list of titles and description of content? What do you mean by links in this case?

I do have a links page. See the home page.

Comment

I have never bothered to look at the..

home page. I will do that when time permits.

I learned the other day that NSN is National Stock Number. That is the big catalog number assigned to everything single material possession the military owns.

A truck has its own, and every part has its own. You can use these to look for parts, and look up manuals.

FM is field manual.

Now that I think about it, this would not really help. Oh well. It sounded like a winner when I typed it. Time for bed. :)

Comment

There is a little button at the top of this page, next to some other buttons, that says home. It will take you there....

Comment

I think I can find it now. :)

Comment

service poll

Can you add body work as a catagory? What tools to use. Materials. Techniques etc.

Comment

Re: service poll

Originally posted by dbemis
                Can you add body work as a catagory? What tools to use. Materials. Techniques etc.
                Actually, 10 is the largest number of items the poll will support. Let me think about your request, however. Perhaps I can do something, as that is certainly a good topic.

Comment

Hi Gordon!

I guess I'm going to blow it on the secret ballot: I voted for front drive axle tech. My second choice was the differential.

My reasoning behind that choice is that the front axle normally requires much more maintenance on the 4X's. As a driven axle and steering unit it is an unfamiliar piece of equipment compared to other systems shared by 2X's and automobiles. Also if one thoroughly understood the front axle then there should be no real challenge with the rear.
                  Thanks,
                  JimmieD

Comment

Hey Gordon,
                    Any chance we could get you to write a "supplemental" or all inclusive manual with all of that great info you know about these trucks (including general information about rebuilding the different systems/components as well as maintenance)? I'd buy one!

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzyalex
                      Hey Gordon,
                      Any chance we could get you to write a "supplemental" or all inclusive manual with all of that great info you know about these trucks (including general information about rebuilding the different systems/components as well as maintenance)? I'd buy one!
                      I take it you mean one in addition to the one I currently selling? I would like to sometime, as I think it would be something people would like.

Comment

perhaps if I were to visit the old home page every once and a while myself...

Comment

They are fairly evenly distributed, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieD View Post
                            Hi Gordon!

I guess I'm going to blow it on the secret ballot: I voted for front drive axle tech. My second choice was the differential.

My reasoning behind that choice is that the front axle normally requires much more maintenance on the 4X's. As a driven axle and steering unit it is an unfamiliar piece of equipment compared to other systems shared by 2X's and automobiles. Also if one thoroughly understood the front axle then there should be no real challenge with the rear.
                            Thanks,
                            JimmieD
                            Hey Jim,
                            You bring out a good point; in fact in many of the 34P military rebuild manuals, the point you stress is implemented. When you turn to the section on rear axles, it simply refers you back to the front axle section, with the exception of a slight amount of rear axle specific information.

Comment

Bringing this back out....

Do you agree with this distribution, or should I start a new poll?

Comment

Working...
                              X