Carter Carb E7T2 choke linkage & dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter Carb E7T2 choke linkage & dog

My E7T2 runs well in hot weather but I recently found out my choke does not operate correctly.

I checked and it seems I'm missing my choke linkage to my throttle control. This is the link that should close the choke if the pedal is fully depressed.

QUESTIONS: Does the E7T2 and variants use this link to the throttle control, or is this not used on this model?

Do I really need this, or could I just rely on the manual choke control?

Does anyone have a picture of the part which is described in the schematics as the "dog." This lever attaches to the cast iron pivot point and connects to the choke linkage. The throttle link has a lever off the rear that depresses this dog which sets the choke full closed when the accelerator pedal is fully depressed.

I've run a search on this site, checked my manuals, and the internet. I also have checked my carb collection and cannot figure this out totally.

Thanks
    Attached Files

choke linkage

Not sure if it is "correct" but I looked at some old pictures of my carb setup and it looks exactly like yours ......
    Attached Files
    Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
    2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Work well vs. Correct

Thanks Tim. I'm thinking that either this carb on a wm300 didnt come with the accelerator link to choke set up or everybody removed them. I'm not worried about correct I guess as musch as I am with working well.

Anybody else know the history of this missing link :)

Comment

There is no carb throttle linkage to choke in this application. All choke funtion comes via the choke cable .

CD
        1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
        1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
        2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
        1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
        1954 Ford 860 tractor
        1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
        UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Thanks Dave. That's great news. I'll just adjust the manual choke and I'm good to go.

I'm also guessing that it never had a fast idle cam in the throttle linkage.

I've spent a couple hours looking for the Carter service sheet for the E7T2 but no luck. great site, but no E7T2 info http://old-carburetors.com/Dodge-Trucks.htm

Comment

"This is the link that should close the choke if the pedal is fully depressed."

Just a thought on this topic... If your engine is flooded, I think the normal practice is to floor the gas peddle, don't pump it, and crank. That increases the air/fuel mixture I guess, leans it out, and cleans out the flooded engine. I'm not sure I ever heard of a choke that closed when you floored it. My Carter E7T2 certainly does not do that, but maybe mine is broken?

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by im02crazy View Post
              Thanks Dave. That's great news. I'll just adjust the manual choke and I'm good to go.

I've spent a couple hours looking for the Carter service sheet for the E7T2 but no luck. great site, but no E7T2 info http://old-carburetors.com/Dodge-Trucks.htm
              You are correct on the fast idle. All controlled by choke, or manual throttle if so equipped.
              1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
              1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
              2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
              1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
              1954 Ford 860 tractor
              1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
              UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Is this what you are looking for?

Originally posted by im02crazy View Post

If you go directly to the site, the quality may be better. Thanks Phil Street for t137.com:

http://www.t137.com/ClintDixon/carburetors.htm
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Clint. I'm not sure how I missed this. Ive been on the site many times. I have found a few parts sheets for similar models that don't show a fast idle cam or choke link so I figure it didn't come set up with these stock.

Comment

Working...
                  X