Front Leaf Spring Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Leaf Spring Recommendation?

Open to ideas! Can't leave them looking like this! they need some kind of attention? 61, WM300 frame restoration. I don't see any broken or cracks, I don't want any noise.. Thks guys
    Attached Files

What's wrong with them?
    ?
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

They look pretty good!?

ok
      Originally posted by Tom Petroff View Post
      What's wrong with them?
      ?
      To my knowledge Personally, I see no damage, no cracks, U-bolts ok just old, well used and rusted. I don't see any problem or anything that can't be repaired with local shop re-arching and new paint, but I'm a firefighter turning frame and body guy for my PW project. Nothing I can't do or get done. Would like to see them better than new with no noise and I'm wanting to go with a good quality shock absorbers all around. I'm not doing anything radical just stock or little better. I hope someone out there has my back with more spring knowledge than I do that might save me some headaches or sees something I don't.. thks guys

Comment

Springs?

When my axles were rebuilt, had to take the springs out anyway to sandblast various brackets etc. Spring pack was torn apart and wire wheeled each leaf. Unfortunately for me, I did discover a pretty good fracture on the top front spring close to the eyelet. It wasn't evident until the leaf was cleaned up. Had to replace both top front springs. Glad it was discovered before it became a problem for me. U-bolts are somewhat unique.... use lots of penetrating oil before you take the bolts off. Nice coat of paint and they are good as new.
        You can still get modern shocks if you like- Monroe Bus shocks fit (NAPA #66707). You will have to decide if you want to paint them black , or put on yellow. Fun project!
        Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
        2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Yes, even the engine!

Thanks Tim, All points well taken, well do! but, the paint. The paint scheme will be a escalade white diamond if a piece gets painted it will be white diamond..Sorry! all chrome parts and wheel rings will be, I hope white( gold) plated with the theme of the truck being a Fire Chief Truck.

Comment

Working...
          X