Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am I the only one that didn't know this!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am I the only one that didn't know this!!

Well, my '56 FFPW finally does not leak or drip any coolant! After planing the cylinder head and installing a new head gasket, there was still coolant slowly dripping down on the right side of the engine. Hard to tell where it was coming from, but the paper towel test indicated it was coming from the water pump that I had installed several months ago. I know how to install a water pump... It is not rocket science and I've done it many times before with no problems. Anyway I took the pump off, and removed the back plate one more time. This time I noticed that one of the threaded holes on that back plate, (near the radiator hose inlet) was threaded all the way into the water pump. That of course needed thread sealant on it, and yours truly failed to put sealant on it the first two times... This time I put sealant on it, and of course all the pump bolts, and guess what... No more coolant on my floor! Thank to Charles Talbert and Dave Brownlow for the encouragement and tips.

Wayne
    Attached Files

That's a beautiful truck!

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

It's one of those things you learn [the hard way] to look for.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
          It's one of those things you learn [the hard way] to look for.
          There have definitely been many classes held at the school of hard knocks. Luckily this was one of the easy classes.

Love the truck!

Comment

Wayne,
            Looks great.
            When you get your lift installed, please show pics!
            Might be a good PWA article...a new shop's construction parameters for one considering such, as well as choices of a lift for such a shop:)

Comment

Doc: Good idea. I'll certainly write something up for Gordon, but remember I write like an engineer....

Thank you

Wayne

Comment

You will do just fine. I look forward to it!
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
                X