wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring diagram

I'm changing my M37 to 12volt neg. ground as well as my civilian PW. Does anyone have wiring diagrams with what needs to be changed other than the coil wiring?

The gauges in the M37 as well as the starter,coil, will have to be changed because they are currently 24v.

Assuming your Power Wagon is 6V and your going to 12V the starter will work fine.

All bulbs need to be changed. The Gen,coil along with a wire swap on the coil and amp gauge as well as a resistor for the fuel gauge and a ballast resistor for the coil.
    Tom
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

wiring

Thanks for the info Tom. It will make things a easier. Only 0 degrees F this morning! Hope to start work on my trucks soon.

Comment

wiper motors

Don't forget the wiper motors. I've not had any of the 24volt units apart, but I'm pretty sure they are NOT wound for 12v with a dropping resistor, so they will need replacement, or run real slow and hot!

Comment

wiper motors

Thanks, ImO. I still have the vacuum wipers on my trucks. Looked at some 12 volt units at the Surplus Center, but haven't decided on buying anything yet.
          It was in the mid 30's today so I spent some time removing exhaust brackets off one of my M37's. I also had to work on my Allis Chalmers grader (unknown vintage, possibly 60's). Interesting to use as it has no brakes other than the blade and nothing electrical works on it either. Someone painted it and all the wires are yellow which makes it hard to trace anything.

Comment

My truck runs with out a ballest resistor. But if I remember correctly, it gets hot rather quickly.

Comment

Can you get a ballest resistor that is internal in the 12 volt coil. I read some where that the ballest resistor is needed to protect the points from burning up. Is this true. Is the ballest resistor just wired in before the coil. Just reread my top post. I ment to say, my coil gets hot fairly quickly while idling.

Comment

Have you thought of running Pertronix ignition? I don't know if it's sacrilege here, but in all of my old cars with points distributors I would use them with a hotter internally resisted coil and they worked flawlessly. They don't take from the stock look, have a steadier spark and allow a wider spark plug gap to boot.

Comment

Weather

-10F this morning in central Alaska. Working on installing exhaust on my M37 and starting to brush the frame on my PW. Hand warmers inside the gloves makes life easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X