dodge truck dark green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotcha.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

The on line color chips can be way off depending on your monitor and how well the chip was scanned. On the T137 web site, Pontchartrain green looks black on my monitor. Try paintref.com They have an extensive list of colors going way back.

Here's an interesting web page on the device used to determine the paint formula given in Clint's post: http://www.ppgaccess.com.au/Prophet-...hotometer.html

Comment

Originally posted by NP2650 View Post
        Gordon, I've done that and it's a very dark blue. I'm just trying to figure out what factory color that is. I know paint chips aren't exact, but it doesn't look like either of the chips of "Dodge Truck Blue" or "Ecuador Blue".
        I am familiar with the shade you are talking about. I have a windshield wiper cover panel in that color. For the first 20 or so years I had it, I thought it was black, until I shined it up one day and discovered it is a very very dark blue. I will have to look at my records, but I believe 1949 would have been the last year it was used. It was Dodge Truck Dark Blue. In 1950 , they changed to Deep Blue which was lighter.

Here is a link to Phil's t137 site with Kevin Klause's color chips:

http://www.t137.com/colorchips/index.html

Comment

My truck would be the dark blue, it is a 1948.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
            My truck would be the dark blue, it is a 1948.
            I think I remember that now. It was in an outbuilding, or under a lean-to shed, when I saw it. I thought it was black at the time.

Comment

Yes, that one.

Comment

Here is an update to the Seawolf Submarine Green, a good friend of mine from years back did some leg work and here are the Napa Paint Formula numbers for this color. It was re formulated in 2005/2006 so it could be a shade or 2 different from the original formula based on the necessity of removing any of the lead from the paint. I hope this helps some of you.
                Again these are Napa Paint numbers only.

A/E formula 3877403
                B/C formula 4418496
                U/E formula 3901039
                1967 W200.aka.Hank
                1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Working...
                X