Wheel Hub Seal Puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Hub Seal Puller

Dumb question time, your forebearance requested... Having never pulled a hub seal as substantial as a 1-ton Power Wagon hub bearing seal, I did some searching on the internet. Snap-on makes an inexpensive tool that has a hook at the bottom and a 90 degree bend at the top, I assume to pound-up against to get the seal moving out of it's recess. Can anybody tell me if this assumption of mine is right or can recommend another tool/manufacturer to get this seal out of the Power Wagon hub? Hate to spend the order time and money on a tool that doesn't do the job. Just trying to hitch-hike on your experience (and not damage the in-board bearing). Thanks.....Keith.

You don't need a special puller to remove the inner wheel seal on a Power Wagon hub.

First, be sure you have removed the big snap ring. I didn't do that on the very first one I ever did....

Reach in from the other side with a large diameter drift, press it against the inner race of the bearing, then strike with a hammer.

Go across the circle, do it again. Imagine that you started at 12 o'clock, then moved to 6. Go on to 3 and 9. Move around until you push it out.

Just like doing it on a smaller automotive assembly, just bigger parts.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Wheel Hub Seal Puller

Thanks Gordon. Will proceed accordingly..............Keith.

Comment

Working...
      X