Gotta love 'em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love 'em

My B-3 has been sitting in the barn since about December when I fired her up, bled the brakes, etc in preperation for winter if I needed her.

Last weekend I was batwinging pasture and found that a ravine had eroded back and in the tall grass/weeds I didn't notice. Wedged a rear tire of an IH 806 in there and bottomed out the drawbar (this is a good sized tractor, rear tires are almost as tall as I am - 6'). Wouldn't climb out so figured I'd need the winch. (the B-3 winched this tractor out of a bog once before when dad was batwinging and bottomed everything out. Had to strap the rear to a tree that time)

Went to the barn, aired up a tire, charged the 6V, topped off the transfer case and master cylinder. Poured a little gas down the carb and she fired right up after several cranks and another dose down the carb.

Drove down to where the 806 was. I dug out a ramp after unhooking the batwing and she climbed right out even though we'd had some rain. Didn't need the B-3 but she did need the exercise. Ran fine except kind of a rough idle, I suspect old fuel even though I used stabilizer.

Gotta respect trucks that can tolerate that neglect.

Words of wisdom: dad asked why I didn't follow the cow path around the edge? Cows are smart enough NOT to walk into a ravine...
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Good job!
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
    X