No announcement yet.

Advice needed regarding FFPW -56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very unique truck, I love to see the progression of it! Thank you for sharing
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Hi Frippe,

Just looked over this thread and thought I'd add my 2c.

I believe your truck started life as a cowl and chassis (no cab). The body looks to have been specially built, including the doors and windshield.

In my (humble) opinion, this is a very unique and special truck. If it were mine I would try and restore the body back to the way it was originally made.

I know PWs are not often seen in Sweden, but going with a standard cab gives you a rather common truck, certainly compared to what you have now. Believe me, your truck would stop traffic over here.

This is just my opinion. It is your truck and I certainly wish you the best whatever you decide to do with it.

Comment

You are correct, it is or was an unique truck but there were a few problems with it.

1. All equipment was gone
        2. Someone had chopped it up trying to make a monstertruck out of it
        3. The actual engineering and construction of the cab was bad just begging to leak in water. If i had to restore it to original condition i would have to modify the actual design.

I felt that those three points made it loose the originality it had and I therefore decided to scrap the cab and try to find a standard one alternately use it for spare parts.

Comment

Working...
        X