Bed Lumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed Lumber

I have searched, might have read every thread on here but I have a question. Preface by saying i don't have a PW in front of me as I am picking it up Monday.

Question: to remove bed lumber and refinish lumber and straps does the whole bed have to come off?

is there a thread that explains or even better has a paint by numbers approach.

let me know

thanks

Scott

Scott,
    Did you also search the dodgepowerwagon.com archives?
    Here is a thread I started:
    http://www.t137.com/archives/wwwboar...s/2890284.html
    To answer your question, the central boards can be removed without taking the bed sides and head board off.
    However with the two bed sides with their welded on angle strips, these strips sit down on the side boards. The bed has to be raised up some to get these boards off.
    What year is your truck?
    That is important to know,as the bed boards are different between some of the trucks.
    The first and early second series trucks, like mine, have only a total of 6 boards.
    The later second series and third series have more, and narrower boards.
    There are other differences too.

Comment

Thanks

my truck is a 1952. Thanks for the info and link

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
      Scott,
      Did you also search the dodgepowerwagon.com archives?
      Here is a thread I started:
      http://www.t137.com/archives/wwwboar...s/2890284.html
      To answer your question, the central boards can be removed without taking the bed sides and head board off.
      However with the two bed sides with their welded on angle strips, these strips sit down on the side boards. The bed has to be raised up some to get these boards off.
      What year is your truck?
      That is important to know,as the bed boards are different between some of the trucks.
      The first and early second series trucks, like mine, have only a total of 6 boards.
      The later second series and third series have more, and narrower boards.
      There are other differences too.

Comment

Working...
      X