Fuel Tank Brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Brackets

My '49 FFPW came w/o the brackets that hold the fuel tank in place (my fuel thank was held in place w/ rope...). By brackets, I mean the two L brackets that run transversely across the frame just behind the rear axle. I can sort of figure out their orientation based on bolts holes in the frame, but want to make sure I install them correctly. Does anyone have a couple of pictures of these installed that I can use for reference?

Funny, I just removed my tank yesterday. I took some pics so I would remember how they went in when it comes time to remount the tank. I actually took out the rear bracket before I thought to take the pics. That is why it is laying on top of the frame in the pic. I did keep it oriented the way it needs to be installed though. Hope this helps...

I added a third pic showing the forward bracket (looking down) where the brake line attaches.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is another before I removed the tank...
      Attached Files

Comment

Just what I needed. Thanks!

Comment

No problem! Post some pics of your truck...

Comment

More Fuel Tank Pics

I am also in the middle of working on my fuel tank and rear end. Here are a couple more if they help any....
            Attached Files
            Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
            2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

My rear bracket went it perfectly. However, on the front bracket, when I line up all four bolt holes, the bracket is tipped slightly forward instead of being square. Are they supposed to be that way?

Pics coming....

Comment

Tipped bracket

Sounds exactly right. Front bracket isn't square to frame.
                Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
                2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

On a related topic, I'm re-installing my rear springs. Regarding the bolts that hold the pins in place, does the lock washer go on the bolt head side or the castle nut side? I forgot to take a close up of that..

Comment

Here you go...
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice looking setup, Cameron. I'm guessing that's an "after" picture, after a lot of work.

I like that level of restoration: fully functional with original patina. It looks like some old farmer/mechanic did what he needed to do to keep the truck in good working condition, but no more. No need to "pretty up" a truck that's going to be working in the field the next day.

Comment

Actually, it was my first pass with a wire brush and Dremel. I have to attack the rust on the frame before it gets too bad. So, I will be sandblasting it soon. :(

Comment

Originally posted by CSCameron View Post
                          Actually, it was my first pass with a wire brush and Dremel. I have to attack the rust on the frame before it gets too bad. So, I will be sandblasting it soon. :(

Oh, I agree with removing or stabilizing the rust. And, now I look at the pictures, I see some rust-through. Got to deal with that. But, at this point, I hope people have quit re-painting nice original trucks. I know which trucks attract my attention at gatherings of vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                          X