1947 Build, progress and general stumbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a really great looking truck!
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

First run with the chains. Early snow, good times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM7rWXNFvSA

Comment

Wee vid of the truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtUpvCrkTnY

Comment

Wow, excellent vids. Great looking truck. More of that please.

Comment

Hey Bilfman, what type of electric wipers did you use? It seems that a lot of posts have been made by other people looking for a good electric wiper. Most of those were probably looking for 6V units, but info on 12V would be good too.

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

I used a universal unit from amazon. I did use the stock outside sleeve, which I drilled out to fit the 12 v unit shaft. Also had to remove the chrome housing to get it to fit under the factory inspection plates. A bit of mcgyver work but it turned out excellent. You have to cut the supplied wiper blades, just a bit of try, cut, try , cut until they swiped perfect . I found out that each unit needs it own switch. If the 2 wipers get out of sync, which they will, they won't shut off. 2 switches fixed it up. I just mounted 2 toggles up by the drive inspection plate , worked out well. I'll post some pics later.

Comment

Thanks! That sounds like a good option. I'll have to keep that in mind whenever the time comes for me to get the wipers up and running again. I look forward to the photos.

Comment

Well the re-power of the power wagon has reached a conclusion ! Looks like the stock 230 is going back in. I was able to find a brand new factory Chrysler rebuild. The motor has never been run and was a complete unit with the factory Chrysler tags. Quite a nice find in my opinion for a old 47. Every internal is brand new. Only comes with the oil pump attached, other then that everything else has to be bolted on. Break out the wrenches!!!

Comment

A terrific effort and it looks like well worth it! Amazing what a little excess winter can bring about!

Comment

Way cool truck and what a find! I am a little amazed that you were able to find so many power wagons all at once. I haven't seen that many in one place anywhere over here in Alberta. Good score! I am glad you are building it to drive rather than a rotisserie queen. There are plenty of those around already. It's nice to see a good, original driver being driven. Welcome to the Dodge world.

Comment

Working...
                      X