No announcement yet.

Power Wagon mud race truck build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the pictures. I know I can get everything in there that I have to have. I've been unsure if I wanted to put the ice box in the cab or not. Would mean less length on my water lines, but I haven't decided on it yet.

Made it out and worked on the truck today. Welded up all the openings on the transmission tunnel. After looking at it, I'm not going to notch that driver side hump out of it, I don't think it's going to get in the way, it's further back than I thought it was.

Started trying to figure out my brakes and pedals tonight. I think I finally have it figured out. I'm going to have to bend the brake pedal and straighten the bend out of it, because it's going to have to go on the left side of the steering column and the gas pedal on the right. In the 96, they were both on the right side. I stuck some 2" pipe along the path of where the steering column will be located.

Comment

• That outlined circle on the firewall is where my air should come through to route it between the w2a intercooler and my intake manifold. It's going to be a tight fit.

Also managed to get that other fender opening filler panel cut out and just need to do some trimming on it for the final fit.

I got the tracking number on my fenders today and they should be here tomorrow night, I'm hoping they are what I have been planning on.

Comment

• One thing I like about working our 9-9's every 2 weeks is that I get every other Friday off. So I spent almost all day out in the shop and got a little bit accomplished.

I mounted the filters and fans on to the paint bay with a liberal amount of duct tape.

Received my rear fenders today, but they didn't follow my instructions or the picture with measurements I sent them. They were supposed to hang down 1 1/2 inches below the bottom of the bed instead of being flush with the bed so that I had room to add supports to the fenders. With all the mud that sticks to the underside and top during a race, they are going to get heavy fast and they need to be supported. I called them and they realized the mistake and are making me new ones, should hopefully be here in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Comment

• Started making my inner fenders for the truck today as well. Built the template out of foam board and then cut it out. Still making tweaks to it and trimming it here and there to get it fit like I want. Top will be secured via bolts into the fender, the bottom will be screwed to the frame via self tapping screws.

Comment

• The top edge is going to be folded over to provide a little stiffness and more material to bolt into.

Comment

• Your pictures are getting better!
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

• I picked up a new cell phone about 2 weeks ago, went from Samsung note 2 to a Samsung note 3.

Worked on the truck more today, managed to get some done, but not as much as I wanted too.

I finished building the front inner/under fender on the drivers side, I made it in 2 pieces so that I could get it in or out easier. I still need to trim it just a bit around the brake lines and I also plan on pop riveting rubber pieces around the brake line openings and up in front to help seal out mud better.

Comment

• We also talked another issue on the truck, the rear fenders weren't standing up straight. I didn't want to put a solid back on the end of the bed, so I made a set of cross bars for the back to give the rear of the fenders rigidity.

Comment

• Didn't spend much time out in the shop today, but I did manage to get the holes drilled for the hydro brake booster and have it mounted now. Looks like where I put it will clear everything. There isn't much space between the top of the reservoir and the hood or the hydraulic lines and the hood.

Comment

• Also mounted the inside portion of the brake/gas pedal mount that I cut down. The gas pedal will work out fine, I will have to probably bend the brake pedal to get it to fit.

Comment

• Not much accomplished tonight, got the template made for the passenger side inner fender and got it cut out in sheet metal. Still need to finish drilling the holes and I need to pull the fender off and clean all the threads on it.

Comment

• Finished getting the passenger side inner fender bolted and screwed in tonight. That's about all I got done on the truck, but we did get my son's cab off of the d150 frame via my cherry picker and a 2x12 board and onto my rotisserie. Now he can get busy sanding and cleaning up the inside.

Comment

• Comment

• Spent a little time on the mud truck tonight and then had to go start working on taxes. But I did get the interior kick panels removed (had to cut off the heads on some of the screws). I also started making the template for the drivers side floor board. Started with poster board to get the shape and then cut it out again in foam board to make sure it's correct in the fitment.

Do the floor boards go under the trans tunnel or on top of it? From looking at it on my cab, it looks like the outside goes on top of the cab and the inside goes under the trans tunnel.

Comment

Working...
                                X