Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front cab (firewall)

do anybody have some picture of the firewall of a 54' civilian power wagon

the front of the cab... i have many holes that are not factory made and i want to weld it but i'm not sure which is factory made

here is a picture of what i have

Holes

Here are a couple of pictures that might help out some. My 53 has extra holes as well, but I haven't worked on that part of the truck yet. Should help you narrow down your choices some.
    Attached Files
    Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
    2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

thanks that picture will help for sure ! ... my cab has many hole ... it had 4 hydraulic hose ... and many place has been welded parts replaced i think ... with many holes in the cab

what is the motor you have ? 2 carbs 2 manifold ? its the original motor ?

Comment

Engine

Thanks! It's the original engine with a few modifications/enhancements :-)

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...ad.php?t=13536
        Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
        2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

i have another question!

how the insulation of the cab was made in 54' ?
          and what do you put in 2014!?

i'm making a complete restoration ...close to the original but still drivable in the city ! (thats why your motor is interesting hehe )

Comment

firewall pad

Sorry, I haven't made it that far in my project yet. If you do some searches of this forum you may find some suggestions. As an example:

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...light=firewall

To my knowledge, we only had a firewall pad and cardboard headliner from the factory. A lot of people have added various sound deadeners and you should be able to find posts on what they did.

Keep us updated on your progress!
            Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
            2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Comment

I made my own firewall interior insulator from some roofing rubber and Automotive grade Thinsulate, and sprayed the interior surface with rubberized undercoating.

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
              Will
              WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
              1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
              1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
              1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
              2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

I have hanging brake pedals, that's the reason for the large cut outs.

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                Will
                WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

thanks ! it will be useful ! and for the rest of the cab ? like the top and the back ?

Comment

here is my firewall.... i think its a 54 ... i'm trying to remove the hole that are not used... or original can someone help me ? i'm not sure .. trying to find some picture but it doesnt seem to be similar

the 53' picture are similar but its hard to see all the holes..

Comment

The first two photos are of a '54 FFPW with no heater. The third photo is of a '48 firewall that had a heater. Both the '48 and the '54 firewalls are unmodified, as far as I can tell.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gmharris View Post
                        The first two photos are of a '54 FFPW with no heater. The third photo is of a '48 firewall that had a heater. Both the '48 and the '54 firewalls are unmodified, as far as I can tell.
                        Those are really good images showing how the radiator overflow tank was mounted low and toward the fender in early years, and high and towards the manifold in later years.

The change seems to be due to the MoPar model 61 heater that was introduced at about the same time. The relocated overflow tank allowed easy locating of the Model 61 heater. Prior to the model 61, there was really no specific truck heater, and some of the generic MoPar ones that were available are easy to mount in the vicinity of the tank and some are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Dixon View Post
                          Those are really good images showing how the radiator overflow tank was mounted low and toward the fender in early years, and high and towards the manifold in later years.

The change seems to be due to the MoPar model 61 heater that was introduced at about the same time. The relocated overflow tank allowed easy locating of the Model 61 heater. Prior to the model 61, there was really no specific truck heater, and some of the generic MoPar ones that were available are easy to mount in the vicinity of the tank and some are not.
                          Thanks for pointing that out Clint!
                          That's exactly the kind of Info. we miss from you when your Absent!!!
                          Attached Files
                          WDX & Misc. Pics.
                          http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
                          "47" Dodge WDX WW
                          "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                          "54" Willys M38A1
                          "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
                          "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
                          "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
                          "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
                          "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
                          "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Thanks for the photos and follow-up info. I'm trying to patch my firewall as well, and this is a big help.
                            Greg Coffin
                            Unrepentant Dodge Enthusiast

1951 Dodge M37 - Bone Stock
                            1958 Dodge M37 - Ex-Forest Service Brush Truck
                            1962 M37-B1 - Work in Progress
                            1962 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon - Factory 251, 4.89s
                            1944/1957 Dodge WM500T 6x6 Power Wagon - LA318-3, NP435, 5.83s, Power Steering, Undercab Power Brakes
                            1974 Dodge W200 - 360/727, Factory Sno-Fighter Package

Comment

Working...
                            X