Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front license plate location

where are you guys mounting your front plates??? Pics please

There's a bracket that uses the top two bolts on the bumper. Usually on the left side,but either side will work.
    The bottom of the plate bolts to this bracket.
    I didn't like the plate sticking up so I inverted the bumper bracket and hung the plate down.
    VPW has the bracket.
    TGP
    Attached Files
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

I have been driving in Idaho for 43 years and have been stopped because the height of my truck required mud flaps, my plates were expired, brake light or tail light burned out, and probably a few other stupid reasons, but I have never been stopped for no front license plate. I carry the extra plate under my seat just in case. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Henry View Post
        I have been driving in Idaho for 43 years and have been stopped because the height of my truck required mud flaps, my plates were expired, brake light or tail light burned out, and probably a few other stupid reasons, but I have never been stopped for no front license plate. I carry the extra plate under my seat just in case. :)
        :-)
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Henry View Post
          I would think Jerry that here in Illinois along with everything you mentioned for being stopped the missing front plate would be first on the list!!
          They love missing plates,improperly displayed plates,one headlamp,or tailight,
          As reason for a stop.
          Now they have added cell phones as a priority since now you must have a "hands free" device!!!!

On a side note I have found and installed a"47" IL plate made from pressed Soy beans on the WDX.

TGP
          Attached Files
          WDX & Misc. Pics.
          "47" Dodge WDX WW
          "52" Dodge M-37 WW
          "54" Willys M38A1
          "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW

Comment

Tom is right NO or miss displayed front Plate will get you pulled over faster than anything here in IL.
            I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
            Will
            WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
            1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
            1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
            1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
            2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

On my and my wife's cars, I installed the nice lexan license plate covers to keep the plates from getting messed up over time.
              I was pulled over the other day and the cop said that these were illegal, even if they were crystal clear. He said it interfered with identifying the numbers.

What he did not say, and what I believe - but have no proof, is it makes it difficult for the cameras in some jurisdictions to "look" and record you number, if you run a red light or speed.

Our county which is semi-rural has not gone to these yet but up nearer the city they have, and have harvested a windfall of $. They justify them as a public safety thing but I believe its just another source of revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
                On my and my wife's cars, I installed the nice lexan license plate covers to keep the plates from getting messed up over time.
                I was pulled over the other day and the cop said that these were illegal, even if they were crystal clear. He said it interfered with identifying the numbers.

What he did not say, and what I believe - but have no proof, is it makes it difficult for the cameras in some jurisdictions to "look" and record you number, if you run a red light or speed.

Our county which is semi-rural has not gone to these yet but up nearer the city they have, and have harvested a windfall of $. They justify them as a public safety thing but I believe its just another source of revenue.
                The law around here also states no covering to be used on the plate.
                Also camera's are going up everywhere.

St Louis has had them for a while now and very controversial,and always being challenged in court.

TGP
                WDX & Misc. Pics.
                "47" Dodge WDX WW
                "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                "54" Willys M38A1
                "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW

Comment

I have my plates mounted on the spare tire, front and rear. The rear plate is illuminated by a stock brake/tail lamp. No issues with the law so far, in Iowa, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, etc.

CD
                  Attached Files
                  1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                  1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                  2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
                  1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
                  1954 Ford 860 tractor
                  1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
                  UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Working...
                  X