fuel gauge ohm reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel gauge ohm reading

Can anyone tell me what OHM range the fuel gauge operates at in a 66 WM300 power wagon? Is it 70-10 OHMS like most old Chryslers? My fuel sending unit and tank are not servicable and must be replaced. The sender is so rusted that trying to get a reading from it is impossable.
    Thanks in advance for any help.....

The sending unit?

What are you getting?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I have a 16 gal. JAZ fuel cell that I'm planning on using that already has a GM 240-33 ohm sender. It has the mounting straps, pick up line, vent and even has the 45 degree filler tube in the right place, everything I need to just put in and go. But of course, Chrysler and GM operate at a different ohm rating (for the most part). And as expensive as these senders are 89.00 to 101.00, I just want to be sure that I order the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Swayback View Post
        I have a 16 gal. JAZ fuel cell
        Would you post the part number for that, I was just about to put a Datsun 510 tank in as a temporary fix, but if I could only do it once...

Comment

I got this from a buddy that got it at a swap meet. I think it is from Speedway Motors. I say that because you can get the individual parts from them, I have looked them up. Now if I have to have the 70-10 ohm sender, you can find them at Summit Racing. From what I can tell, I may have to move the front brace above the axle back just a little. And it would be a good idea to cover it with a skid plate because it is a plastic fuel cell. The weather has been bad and I can't get outside to work on it and really size things up. If you can wait til later I can list the part numbers for each item.... at work right now and not enough time to do so!

Comment

Would appreciate the numbers when you get the chance. Most of the Jaz steel product line are full on fuel cells, plastic will work fine for my farm use.

Comment

Defdes,

Here is the list of part #'s from speeway motors:

mounting straps 4581116
              fuel cell 4580458
              45 degree filler neck 91009080
              fuel pick up kit 91076320

I'm not sure what sending unit you would need ..... you can search them to find the one you need.

The 70-10 sender fron Summit Racing is part # 290183.

I hope this helps you.

Comment

That's great..."cheap and cheerful" as I like to say.

Comment

Working...
                X