"65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Originally posted by 53Crusher View Post
      Clint - What about some sort of a fundraiser/raffle to help with expenses? I don't think I can be at the Rally this year to help out in person, but would like to pitch in with some of the cost for parts.
      Originally posted by dougdodgeman View Post
      I'd be able to haul it to Fairfield, and work on it at the Rally. We plan on being there all week long. Dylan will love to work on it , as well! Doug

Originally posted by Tom Petroff View Post
      I'd be willing to lend a hand also!
      TGP
      Tim has a very good idea. Maybe this could be an "under the pavilion" event that would take advantage of the seating and the sound system owned by the Fair Board (Gordon is very good with a microphone). Not so much a timed event, but one similar to the contests where guys used to assembly a complete Model T Ford from parts and drive it away. Of course we would have to have an accumulated cache of tune-up parts and fluids, and tools on hand. Maybe a checkoff list provided at the Registration Desk listing parts needed. People could bring or pick up the parts at their leisure, donate them, check them off the list, and their donation of parts or cash would buy a raffle ticket/tickets.

Doug, that is a VERY generous offer. Tom, maybe there could be a piece of "heavy equipment" involved for you to operate! Never know if a skid steer may be needed to pull the engine.... ;^)

Comment

Thinking off the top of my head I would think a battery, points and condenser, spark plugs, a carb kit would be a start on the list of things needed to get going. Of course brakes may be an issue having been idle for so long. Doing the work under the open air building keeps Gordon close to the registration building and his table. This would not disrupt things at VPW since they have plenty to do during rally week.

Gordon, we only want to return a part of what you do for all of us every month and at the rally each year. This is not charity, it's helping out a good friend. We all know we're family when it comes to our trucks and around here family helps family. Give us an idea what you think your truck needs. We have the knowledge and talent to get your truck rolling again.

Comment

New details here:
          http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...388#post105388
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I never had the opportunity to meet Gordon. I truly wish I had. I've read many of his articles in the PWA magazine, and it's obvious he had a unique way with words, a caring spirit, and a passion for both the power wagon community and education. After reading this thread, and the one following, and shedding many years as my heart broke reading it, I felt compelled to resurrect this thread with this post..

Gordon's legacy lives on.

Two years after his passing, the leaves that feel to the ground at his end have fertilized the soil, and the seed he planted with this old yellow truck has sprouted into a promising sapling.

In my short time of involvement with this community, I've felt generosity and warmth from its members. From the purchase and delivery through the process of getting this truck to where it is today, there has been an outpouring of support and assistance.

It seems, then, that we may be coming full circle. While it may have taken a bit longer than originally planned, this old yellow truck that had such a profound affect on Gordon WILL be at rally this year. It WILL be driving under its own power. And, in true honor of Mr Maney himself, (we've discussed with Jens and Matt) we'll be doing an informational session on door glass replacement at the rally.

Big thanks to each and every one of you who has had a hand in this- I could not possibly be sure to give proper credit to everyone involved who have fielded countless Facebook messages, text messages, in person and phone call conversations providing critical guidance, moral support, and much needed comic relief! At the rally, can feel free to just form a line for hugs so I can be sure to thank you all in person for the role you have played in making MY FIRST POWER WAGON a success.

I don't want to spill the beans- but I'll say this- I've given a hand or two, and made lots of sammiches in the process, but Andy has been spending a LOT of time in the garage this spring, and much has been done...
            We are so looking forward to bringing new life to this truck, and sharing it with you all in Iowa 2016!!

Keep the passion alive!!

Thank you, Gordon.

Sincerely,
            Sarah

Comment

That is really cool! I'm glad Gordon's truck lives on and is being refurbished. That will make a great venue at the rally, I wish I was going to be there. Maybe next year?

Clark

Comment

I would just like to give a big thank you to Gordon on keeping his truck in such well taken care of shape. It has been a pleasure to work on, with the exception of those pesky clips in the cowl lights and the weatherstripping around the windshield, I am amazed by the ease with which things have come apart. For being 68 years old this truck was easier to remove parts than a truck that is 5 years old. Way to go Gordon!!! I so wish I could have had the honor to meet you but I am grateful for your stories I have gotten to read. I believe that you would be proud with the direction Sarah and I have taken your truck in. See you all soon at Rally.

Comment

Working...
                X