It's Alive!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Alive!!

After almost 6 months of it sitting on the jack stands while I bent wrenches, I drove the '53 FFPW out of the shop today! I actually ran it down the road a half mile or so and then brought it back in. It may not sound like much to most folks but to me it was a big deal. Now I have to relearn how to drive a non synchro again! For now I am just pretending it is a tractor. It has such an almighty low ratio that it will take off in 4th anyhow. I also have to get used to the racket to forward motion ratio! Not to mention the turning radius! Sort of like a cross between driving a crew cab dually and a Kubota.

Congratulations! Kind of like the birth of Frankenstein, no?!

CD
    1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
    2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
    1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
    1954 Ford 860 tractor
    1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
    UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Awesome! Let's see some pics.

Comment

It IS a big deal. I know how that feels, having brought my old Power Wagon back to life more than once over the 20+ years I've owned it. It's in need of yet another resurrection again now, but it will be a while, as I have many things disassembled this time.

Glad to hear of your success!! It gives me a little additional inspiration to work toward mine.

Comment

I think every one of us has a special memory of the first time our trucks lit up and drove under their own power if we didn't buy them already running. I spent a week trying to get mine to fire and luckily my better half got a decent video of my driving it back into the driveway, thank God she got that video, it was a truly special memory. Congratulations on getting it running and hopefully you'll take it a bit more than a mile next time!

Comment

Frozen Parts,

I tried sending you a PM, but it looks like you don't have that option enabled. Anyways, I was wondering if you are located near Fairbanks, and if so, would you like to grab a beer sometime?

Comment

Working...
            X