second series bed help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second series bed help

ok ive been building up a repop tisdale second series bed and im in the process of putting in the new wood. but im a bit confused the front panel has a set of holes for bolting down the wood as does the front crossmember. if I put bolts in both the front panel and the front crossmember the two rows of bolts will only be like 2 inches apart at the most. is this right or am I only supposed to put them in the crossmember?

Bed Wood mounting

I am doing the same thing, but with a first series bed. Not sure if this will help, but on mine the cross member bolts go in between the boards ( with the exception of the two large bolts). The headboard holes go through the wood. I found two pictures to demonstrate. First picture you can see how the bolts go between. Second picture shows the two rows at top.
    Attached Files
    Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
    2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Ahh I think you just answers my question perfectly, thank you
      As soon as I get back to the shop tonight I'll see what I've got. I'm guessing it's the same set up

Mike

Comment

Can you share some information on the "tisdale second series bed" please guys.
        Is this an aftermarket product?

Greg.

Comment

yup mat tisdale sells repop bed sides and is great to work with, great quality and great to talk to. give him a call I highly recommend his stuff. 1-812-453-7625

Comment

Originally posted by tonkaman View Post
            yup mat tisdale sells repop bed sides and is great to work with, great quality and great to talk to. give him a call I highly recommend his stuff. 1-812-453-7625
            Thanks man, but i'm in the land of Aus = Int'nl phone calls and stuff..

Is there a web site that I can check out his work?

Greg.

Edit - Stop looking folks. Found what I was searching for:
            Matt Tisdale
            Burna Kentucky (Business)
            Salem Kentucky (Home)
            42078 Zip
            Phone 812-453-7625
            e-mail PowerWagon555@gmail.com

Doesnt look like he has a web site though.

Think I may investigate getting some of the rear fenders sent down here.

You interested as well Heath?

Greg.

Comment

He has a web site. I've never got him to respond by email only phone call or texting.

http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/class...040713-bed.php

Comment

Here is my early 2nd series bed. You can see it is similar to Tim's 1'st series as far as how the bed wood is attached. It also has the same sender access plate and the same center hinge.
                My wood is local white oak.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ebay

Matt also sells his 2nd Series beds on EBay. Says he ships anywhere in the world and has sent to Australia before.

I am very pleased with the quality of the 1st series bed he made for me.

http://r.ebay.com/WTqwBS
                  Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
                  2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by 53Crusher View Post
                    Matt also sells his 2nd Series beds on EBay. Says he ships anywhere in the world and has sent to Australia before.

I am very pleased with the quality of the 1st series bed he made for me.

http://r.ebay.com/WTqwBS
                    Great info.
                    Thanks for the link Tim.

Greg.

Comment

Working...
                    X