Road speed placard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road speed placard

I picked up a 1952 FFPW last month and was looking things over and noticed that the max permissible road speed placard on the dash is in kilometers. The truck spent many years as a work truck for Intermountain Rural Electric Association in Colorado. Their logo is still barely visible on the doors along with the number "16" on sides.
    Would this indicate that it possibly started out in Canada or would there be any other things that would be different?
    Thanks for any info.

Is the speedometer in kilometers?

Frank

Comment

I was assuming that it was in MPH but it is not marked. The max indicated speed is 80.

Comment

The reason I asked about the speedometer is that I have been working on a truck that came from Mexico and the speedometer goes to 140.

Frank

Comment

Hey, Frank...

Does it have a HEMI?

Comment

Hi Paul!

No Hemi, just a 231. I have been doing some work on this truck, a 1956 M601 and never looked at the speedometer. Two painters working on the property saw me working on the truck and came in the garage to look at the truck. One of them asked if the truck would do 140 mph, I replied no way, he then pointed out that the speedometer went to 140. I looked and he was right! Looks like a regular later model Dodge Power Wagon speedometer but goes to 140. There is no indication on it to indicate that it in Kilometers, which I believe it must be.

Frank

Comment

Working...
            X