Carter E7T2 broken base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter E7T2 broken base

I recently bought my first FFPW. The motor had been removed because it was locked. It came with a good running motor from another truck. I am making a list of parts needed to put the motor back in. The only thing I cant find is a carb base. The base on the carb has the outside of one of the mounting holes broken off. Question is should I just build it back up with brass and redrill the hole? I can't find a replacement base and can't afford another carb right now. Any ideas on what to do? Or does someone have an extra base or carb they would sell cheap? Thanks

The chrysler cars use the same carb base it is used in windsor cars, imperials, and other dodge products that used the flat head 230 motor. Let me look tonight I might have one from when I rebuilt the motor for my dads 1938 dodge.

Comment

Pretty sure I have one...

Email me at dad2nick1@yahoo.com

Comment

Just bought a whole carb on ebay for $25 not the same carb # but the base should work. My original and this one both use the same rebuild kit. I shall see when it gets here. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X